• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cracked shows you how to traumatise children

With books:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/10-great...heir-children/

And animated movies:

http://www.cracked.com/article_15070...zing-kids.html

Sad thing is; Watership Down was one of my fave movies as a kid; then again, I'd read the book beforehand so I knew that dead rabbits would be involved. XD I also owned a copy of "Cautionary Tales For Children" and wasn't traumatised. XD
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

I loved Outside Over There and Cautionary Tales (hmm, maybe that explains a lot actually ).
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Also, that German book with the unpronouncable name that has such tender bedtime-esq stories as the one about the thumbsucker who got both his thumbs cut off by some shear wielding psycho... yeah, guess that could be considered traumatising. XD
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Grimm's Fairy Tales were heavily sanitized, so I hear.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
          Also, that German book with the unpronouncable name that has such tender bedtime-esq stories as the one about the thumbsucker who got both his thumbs cut off by some shear wielding psycho... yeah, guess that could be considered traumatising. XD
          There's a story called "The Red Shoes" which is just as bad. A girl buys a pair of red shoes instead of the boots she's meant to wear to church and ends up being forced to dance until a woodcutter chops her legs off.
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
            Struwwelpeter. Now in internet form!

I love it.

Like I need some stupid magazine to tell me how to traumatize children.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I could swear we had a copy of that roaming around somewhere...for all we know grandma found the thing and not knowing exactly what it was mailed it to her cousins.

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                Grimm's Fairy Tales were heavily sanitized, so I hear.
                Well in the Grimm version of Cinderella, the stepmother and stepsisters actually were the poor bums who once the stepmother married Cinderella's father, proceeded to murder him (well, finish the job, he was near death as it was), then assault and beat the titular character so badly it would make even the most lax CPS agent faint. Near the end, in an effort to trick the prince, the step sisters cut off their heels to get the gold (not glass in this version) slipper to fit. It worked for a bit but the blood gave them away. After Cinderella married the prince, pigeons plucked out the eyes of the step sisters.

So yeah, a fair bit more than the Disney version. And I seriously doubt it is even the most brutal (there's about 30 different stories of varying lengths that can be tied as Cinderella)
                I AM the evil bastard!
                A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

There's a couple of versions where Cinderella has to perform impossible tasks through which she's aided by the soul of her dead mother that's reincarnated in a tree. So what does the stepmother do? Chop it down and burn it.
                  My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                    Struwwelpeter. Now in internet form!

I love it.

Like I need some stupid magazine to tell me how to traumatize children.
                    If anyone cares, it's "The Thumb Sucker".

They're creepy.
                    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Lol, creepy but entertaining! XXD

Btw, as a kid I had the original Grimm fairytales along with Charles Perrault's fairytales... and believe me, those are not sanitised. XD Example; in the original version of Red Riding Hood, there is no woodcutter; Red Riding Hood pays the ultimate price for her inability to tell the difference between her grandmother and a wolf in drag. And there are even versions which have her dragged into bed with the wolf. O_o
                      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                      X