• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great first car for a teen!

Buy now!

I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

I LOVE it! I agree with the poster who said they wished they had a kid so that they could buy the car for him. I got my license in '91. My first car was a late '70s Opel that you had to be really careful going over bumps or you'd pull the fuel line off. Meant that I couldn't drive very fast--plus, we lived on gravel roads so you couldn't drive more than 40-45 anyway.
    My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

That's cool.

Of course, I had a stepdad who wanted to buy me a 1949 Hudson, but for some reason Mom wouldn't go along with it.

But then, I do like old cars (as long as they're in good shape aesthetically) and that probably would have been kinda cool.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

The first car I had...was an '87 Ford Tempo. Just about everything used to describe the Focus...could have been used to describe my Tempo as well. That thing had a top speed of about 70mph, four doors, and could never be used to "pick up chicks"
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

My kid sis (when we were teens) used to ask our dad when he would get her a car and he would always say, soon and it would be either a Yugo or a Geo Metro.
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
            That thing had a top speed of about 70mph, four doors, and could never be used to "pick up chicks"
            And that was probably what your parents had in mind . . . they weren't ready to be grandparents yet.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

My brother got a car for his 17th birthday.

It was a Penny Racer.
              Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 01-25-2011, 01:48 AM.
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
              X