X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Has? (U.S. military equipment)

Oh, wow this looks cool. Myeh
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

I wonder if that is allowed with my CWP?

Lehner said the tests revealed only one problem: The units didn’t want to give the Punisher back.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Technically, that gun might be legal to own, if rather expensive. The ammunition wouldn't be, though.

This gun, however, also looks rather nasty, would be rather effective for home defense, and should also be affordable:

Comment

When did Kel-Tec decide to rip off the Neostead 2000?

Seriously; Flip the Neostead upside-down and you get the Kel-Tec you posted, only from 1993, not 2011. :P
        Last edited by Salted Grump; 02-16-2011, 07:15 AM.

Comment

o yeah, unless the weapon is specifically made for the miltary only you can buy it. (assuming it's legal to own where you live etc)

glock has a few that they refuse to sell to anyone except military/leos etc but most other brands will sell.

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
            Technically, that gun might be legal to own, if rather expensive. The ammunition wouldn't be, though.

This gun, however, also looks rather nasty, would be rather effective for home defense, and should also be affordable:
            Not legal to own without a Class 3 license,barrel's too short (18" minimum for shotguns).

I'll stick to my Remington 870 Police Magnum,thanks.
            "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth Frantic Freddie View Post
              Not legal to own without a Class 3 license,barrel's too short (18" minimum for shotguns).

I'll stick to my Remington 870 Police Magnum,thanks.
              In Canada, I can get one with a PAL-R tag. (Possession and Acquisition - Restricted) I'll stick to the K-98, though.

Comment

I should've mentioned that clicking the pic goes to Kel-Tec's website. It's an 18.5" barrel, 26.1" overall length, legal-length shotgun. It's a bullpup design which may have caused the confusion.

Comment

How about poison darts? Is there a law against those!? Heeheeheee....
                  "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I should've mentioned that clicking the pic goes to Kel-Tec's website. It's an 18.5" barrel, 26.1" overall length, legal-length shotgun. It's a bullpup design which may have caused the confusion.
                    Silly me,I didn't notice

The KSG weighs 6.9lbs and is as compact as legally possible with a 26.1" overall length and an 18.5" cylinder bore barrel. Even with this compact size, the internal dual tube magazines hold an impressive 14 rounds of 12 gage 2-3/4" rounds (7 per tube).
                    That's gotta be one FAT slide.Good thing it only takes 2-3/4 shells,3" would be damn near unmanageable in such a light gun.I don't let people shoot Thumper (my afore mentioned Police Magnum,18" barrel) with 3" unless they're experienced shooters.

Lets not even talk about 3.5" turkey loads in my 870 Express Magnum with the super-full turkey choke on it
                    "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth Salted Grump View Post
                      In Canada, I can get one with a PAL-R tag. (Possession and Acquisition - Restricted) I'll stick to the K-98, though.
                      Great gun,I want a Mitchell's Mauser (can get one here without a 4473 if you have a C&R -Collectible & Relic-license) but the 98 ain't exactly a good home defense or room clearing weapon.

Mark Twain

Comment

Currently at $25K with ammo eventually going to be costing $25 per round, so not cheap.

Besides, I highly doubt a Grenade launcher is going to be that legal to bu (thats essentially what it is, an offshoot from the OICW, resulting in this and the XM8.

The special thing about the one in the OP, is the rangefinding at the press of a button, no more zeroing in sights, that way then it explodes when you want it to.
                        I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Great gun,I want a Mitchell's Mauser (can get one here without a 4473 if you have a C&R -Collectible & Relic-license) but the 98 ain't exactly a good home defense or room clearing weapon.
                          No, but with the bayonet you can stab a guy from across the river without leaving the comfort of your hole. :P

Comment

Even though it'd be a mark of Awesome ^tm in my state to have any/all of these... I'd rather collect antique guns... or just antiques.
                            ... Honestly, books. Lord can see I'm already doing so!
                            "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                            "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth Salted Grump View Post
                              No, but with the bayonet you can stab a guy from across the river without leaving the comfort of your hole. :P
                              No,that would be the Moisin-Nagant (about 1/2 way down the page on the right)

yes,I do have one

Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X