• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIREFLY! *flails*

ZOMG!

TOTALLY putting this on the DVR!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Nathan is in - hopefully the others are. I can easily see Alan Tudyk in but Morena Baccarain might be too busy with V. Gena Torres would have to be in it, too, and Jewl Staite.

I DON'T GET THE SCIENCE CHANNEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To get that package it'll be an extra $18 a month (plus additional taxes etc..)... Tough decision.
    Last edited by draggar; 02-17-2011, 08:16 PM.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Hang on, y'all. Nathan said that he'd consider it IF Castle were cancelled and IF Fox was able to convince him that this time it would last. Plus, there's all the other actors who have moved on to other projects. While it's nice that the show is being re-aired, I don't see it reviving.
      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Futurama did it.

Also... the question would be, would they take into account the movie and the comics? If so, they'd not be bringing back Alan Tudyk, and they'd have to incorporate some of the storylines from the comics. Which would be a rather interesting twist.

Comment

Maybe the stuff between the end of the series and the movie? Let's face it, there's a fair gap between the two - plenty of space to maintain canon, I reckon.

Rapscallion

Comment

If Futurama came back and did well on Comedy Central, then there is a possibility that Firefly could do the same thing. I'm really surprised that Syfy hasn't jumped on the bandwagon and looked into making more. But then again this is the same channel who has Debbie Gibson and Tiffany fighting each other in Mega Python vs Gatoroid.
            Random conversation:
            Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
            DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Quoth KiaKat View Post
              Futurama did it.
              It's easier to bring back an animated show, because that's a minimal time requirement for the actors and they can usually work it around their other projects - Seth Green and Mila Kunis are still able to do outside work *and* do Family Guy for example. Plus, animations don't age. Actors do.

I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but I really don't see this happening.

Comment

SQQQQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

CAN'T WAIT!!!
                "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

It would be really cool...

(OK, really really really really really really really really really really really really cool )

... but it's just a rerun of the original series. Unless it does HUGE ratings, there isn't a new series.
                  "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                    Maybe the stuff between the end of the series and the movie? Let's face it, there's a fair gap between the two - plenty of space to maintain canon, I reckon.

Rapscallion
                    I don't think any Firefly fan would have a problem with igoring the Serenity movie, hell I think most would want to, as that way we get Wash and Book back.
                    I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

woooo

except that i already have the dvds

played them for my bf... he was skeptical until he saw the first episode. now he has favorite lines...
                      "Bullet in the brainpan SQUISH!" and he at "twixt my nethers" lines too. ... not to mention understanding my love of the definition of interesting.

Comment

That was kind of confusing. It made it sound like they were planning on filming more. What also confused me is I have seen several Firefly marathons, so it's not like the show hasn't been played. I have to say writing it they way they did was rather cruel to fans, we'd all like to see the show continued. I'm looking forward to seeing the new extras at least. Anyway I won't believe that Firefly is back until Joss says so.
                        I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

I should have known this would happen...

http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/web/02/...ex.html?hpt=C2

After Captain Tight pants said if he had 300 mil he'd buy the rights and make it himself... the Browncoats took notice.

One of the main writers, and an author who penned one episode have already said they'd do it.
                          Jewel's response was "Is the Pope Catholic?"

so apparently fans are getting together to wait for Joss to say the word and they'll start fundraising.

http://helpnathanbuyfirefly.com/?page_id=2

Quoth CNN
                          They say they "won't take a penny" from anyone until someone like Whedon or Fillion gets involved in an effort to revive the show and would look to set up a not-for-profit foundation or something of the sort if that happens.
                          Last edited by PepperElf; 02-24-2011, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Oh, I knew I forgot to post something! Thanks, Pepper.

It goes to show you just how excited geeky fans can get for a good show. If Family Guy could do it, and Futurama, why not Firefly?

Comment

I'm surprised that those guys said they work in the non-profit field, because I'm pretty sure something like this wouldn't qualify for 501(c)3 status.

Quoth KiaKat View Post
                              If Family Guy could do it, and Futurama, why not Firefly?
                              Because making a 30 minute animated show is a completely different enterprise than an hour long, live action, science fiction show.

Comment

Working...
                              X