This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
    I'm surprised that those guys said they work in the non-profit field, because I'm pretty sure something like this wouldn't qualify for 501(c)3 status.
    Non-profit doesn't always mean tax-exempt. There are other forms of 501-section companies. It just means they aren't seeking to make any financial gain from this enterprise.

Because making a 30 minute animated show is a completely different enterprise than an hour long, live action, science fiction show.
    Wow. Maybe it's just me, but you're coming off as seriously negative about this. I'm just being all flaily and excited. However, from a realistic perspective, Dr. Who has gone off the air and come back several times, with very little difficulty. Other shows have managed comebacks that haven't sucked, even if they're fan-driven. There's even been a Firefly fan movie. It's not impossible, and I, for one, am glad that someone has the energy, the foresight, and the enthusiasm to at least try to make this work. So I like to think I have good reason for being so upbeat.

Comment

Quoth KiaKat View Post
      you're coming off as seriously negative about this.
      I'm trying to be realistic. It would be all too easy for a couple of guys to claim they were going to give money to Nathan Fillion or Joss Whedon to buy the rights to Firefly and take advantage of a lot of eager fans.

Family Guy was only out for a year and is, in many ways, a one-man operation. He only needs his key animators full-time. The time commitment for voice talent is minimal, which is why Seth Green and Mila Kunis can do it and maintain other careers, and why Patrick Warburton can provide voices for practically anything that's been drawn in the past 15 years. Futurama was out for much longer, but again, if you can get your key animators full time and your voice talent for a few months out of the year (if that), then you're fine. Most of the work behind an animated show happens in South Korea anyway.

However, I realize that I'm raining on parades and will take any further comments on this subject to Fratching.
      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Working...
      X