This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been away a while, this is why

Well, I've kinda been away a while. Because I was working on my Dad's website.

So I'm here to get an opinion on the site as well as some help from the firefox freaks

http://www.fikephoto.com

Feel free to comment on the website, I need some unbias eyes to complain.

It looks pretty in IE7. but for some reason in firefox. The colors don't show. It's like firefox not reading the css style sheet. Anyone got an idea as to what I'm doing "wrong" that firefox won't pick it up? I've already made quite a few changes so that firefox would run the javascript correctly. But for the life of me, can't figure out why the colors won't show right.
    I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

It looks nice. Two thumbs up.

Suggestions:
    On the Shop page I would personally drop a couple of pics down so that people don't have to side scroll. Maybe it's just me- and maybe it's nitpicky- but I hate side scrolling.

The other thing I'd do is go over to Dynamic Drive and pick up the script that disables right button clicking on the site so people can't just save the pics to their own drive. Sure, there are other ways to get them but better than nothing.

Edit: here ya go...
    http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex9/noright2.htm
    Last edited by NightAngel; 01-31-2007, 06:59 PM.
    "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
    HellGate: London

Comment

Thanks for the idea. I'll move the two long panorama pictures to the same column so that it don't stretch out the page.

The preventing right-click won't work because most of the images are hyper-linked

I'm working on trying to find a good watermark program to add a custom watermark to the images in batches.

Also, the firefox freaks can ignore my request. I figure it out. For some reason firefox freaks out if there is a space between color: and the color number or name.

Comment

You could try Paint.net and create your own watermark. It's a free program that has a lot of cool options. One is layering- you could take your watermark and overlay it onto the photo without changing the look of the photo.

I :heart: Paint.net- there's not much you can't do with it and it's FREE.
        "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
        HellGate: London

Comment

The only things I see is that maybe the Home button shouldn't be all caps and there doesn't seem to be a background or something... just a blue square with copyright text on it. :/

Try center aligning it on the page, instead of left align.

Comment

Thanks, I didn't even noticed that. Yes, the background is just a simple copyright text.

Comment

Working...
            X