This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrorism???

How is this considered a terroristic threat?? I watch Aqua Teen Hunger Force on adult swim once in awhile. I just don't get it.

I guess people are still paranoid up there.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16902707/
    Last edited by MadMike; 02-01-2007, 07:48 PM. Reason: Merged posts that were posted 2 minutes apart from each other
    Woman are like guns, if you don't treat us right, we'll blow up in your face!

Pain is your bodies way of telling you that you're still alive.

I am also known as Liquid Skin and Silkekitten.

It's not, in my opinion. They were put up to promote the new ATHF movie coming this spring, probably. (I'm a big Adult Swim fan) But people get so paranoid over the smallest things, I can see how this got blown out of proportion.
    Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

I don't understand why they thought this was a terrorist thing. Did I miss something?

Comment

My guess would be they were not stuck up at regular advert placings. So you have unknown boxes of electronics appear at high risk site, giving you the finger.
        ludo ergo sum

Comment

I had to change my avatar in honor of this beautiful occasion.

Can you see this Boston? Because I'm doing it as hard as I can.
          "Time shall help me face my painful memories with indifference, and with more of it, I won't feel the need to face them at all..."

Comment

They were not put up in advertising locations, there were some found on bridge supports, and others found in tunnels running under a major highway. Those to me are prime terrorist targets, not advertising locations for an ineffective ad campaign. How can you call it advertising when there is nothing to identify where it's from, and the only people who recognize it are people who already watch the show?
            The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

True. While I was watching the news tonight I was looking at one of the spots they put one of those boxes and thought, "Who'd see it down there? Homeless people and serial killers dumping bodies?"

Plus, they showed one hanging under a bridge during the day and you would have had to be REALLY close to it to see it was a glorified Lite Brite.

Now, the ones shown lit up at night you could tell it was some cartoon figure- sure- but it wasn't at night that it was causing the problems.

Overall, I find it amusing.

But if it had been ignored and it WAS a bomb how many lawsuits would they have faced? Now, next time maybe it WILL be a bomb and it WILL be ignored thanks to Cartoon Network's stupid marketing campaign.
              "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
              HellGate: London

Comment

All I gotta say is that if the Feds start bringing out anti-aircraft batteries again in response to this, this whole thing would border on slapstick comedy.

Comment

I have heard that the authorities have found the lackey who was in charge of putting up these advertisements and are now going to charge him with crimes. That I think is a little excessive, but that's just me.

Comment

Quoth Banrion View Post
                    They were not put up in advertising locations, there were some found on bridge supports, and others found in tunnels running under a major highway. Those to me are prime terrorist targets, not advertising locations for an ineffective ad campaign. How can you call it advertising when there is nothing to identify where it's from, and the only people who recognize it are people who already watch the show?
                    Oh, I see. Okay, yeah. That kind of changes things.

Yeah, that's pretty stupid. Because unless you watched the show, you wouldn't recognize the character. And if you watch the show,why do you need marketing aimed at you?

I must say, this season of ATHF has really kind of sucked. Apparently NOBODY in that office knows what they are doing.

Comment

Sorry, it just hit a little close to home for me, seeing as how 3 of them were found directly on my commute path, and I don't think it was an overreaction when you see where they were put.

BTW, even with 3 of them on my commute, and I ride in at 5:30am, I did not see them even when they were lit up. Because MOST of them were hidden behind and under things, you could really only see them from one obscure angle.
                      The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Moonites (and Cartoon Network) Are Terrorists!

Does anyone remember that episode of South Park where all Stan's mom watched was CNN, and though everything was terrorism? Yeah, kind of like that. I don't see how a Moonite flipping the bird is a terrorist act. But thats just me.

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
                          I have heard that the authorities have found the lackey who was in charge of putting up these advertisements and are now going to charge him with crimes. That I think is a little excessive, but that's just me.
                          IMO if anyone should be charged with perpetrating a hoax, it's the person who called this in, and/or the officials who overreacted. There is no way anyone sane could think that those signs were bombs...for one, it would take a lot more explosive than something the size of that sign to have an actual effect on much.
                          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

did anyone notice that, they said these guerilla advertisments where up for at least 2 week before being reported. and also they where in 9 other cites where no one said anything. the other cities just noted and took them down. boston made itself look like a ass to me. the people run this show made this into a debacle not the ad people themseleves, if i were, turner, CN/AS, Interference Inc. i would turn around as sue the city for casuing mass panic. IMO is just another debacle casue by the gov't of boston as i seen on other boards like the 'big dig' debacle.

Comment

Oh hell yeah. That $750K loss is the city's problem and theirs alone. All this seems to have proven is that there is a price for stupid...
                              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                              X