This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Ben the Bear

Ben is a Black Bear that is being kept in a 12 ft by 22 ft chain link cage. He must sleep and use the facilities on a concrete floor. His source of food is whatever scraps of expired bread and squashy grapes the people visiting the hell-hole turned petting zoo decide to throw at him. The declawed bear paces, shakes his head, and bites at the chain link fence.

You might think this is a roadside zoo in a third-world country. Wrong. Ben is residing in a cage at Jambbas Ranch near Fayetteville, North Carolina.

Here for a recent article- http://www2.nbc17.com/news/2011/may/...h--ar-1024567/

Here for a video (only one I could find was from PETA, the suggested videos are graphic)- http://youtu.be/wEsFvMVTMe8

Please help spread the word.

I have not watched the video... nor do I want to...
    But, has someone contacted the ASPCA? Aren't bears wild aka ILLEGAL to own?
    poor thing...
    EDIT: read article... USDA? ah, WHAT? what does the food and drug admin have to do with zoo-like stuff???
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Sent the link to Scott Lope, a wild animal repo guy who has a show on Discovery.

Comment

I used to go to Jambbas Ranch all the time as a kid. I haven't been back since I met Ben. They used to be a nice place- happy animals with lots of room to run around.

I have passed it along to several celebrities known for their love of animals. A couple of animal sanctuaries have stepped up to offer Ben a home but the owner keeps insisting that nothing is wrong.

Comment

Quoth AriGriffin View Post
          I used to go to Jambbas Ranch all the time as a kid. I haven't been back since I met Ben. They used to be a nice place- happy animals with lots of room to run around.

I have passed it along to several celebrities known for their love of animals. A couple of animal sanctuaries have stepped up to offer Ben a home but the owner keeps insisting that nothing is wrong.
          The owner is an idiot.

Cs.com or ?
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Even though the article is fine as an FYI, we're afraid the discussion of it is better suited to Fratching than here. This is due to the fact that some of the organizations involved are controversial. It is also inevitable that changes to the law (what *should be* as opposed to what *is*) are going to be brought up in any discussion of this kind.

We've decided to close this thread but left it up so any of you who want to start a thread over there can simply copy and paste your comments on Fratching without having to rewrite them.
            The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
            X