This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IDAHO

For those of you unaware (I was unaware until a few days ago), May 17th is the International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia. I figured it would be a fairly small thing, and while there aren't any parades or anything that I've seen, global leaders including the UN are issuing statements. As I fall into 2 of the letters in LBGT (L and T, specifically), it warms my frigid heart to see this kind of support all across the world.
    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

*goes to look at thread, since I live in said state*
    *reads post*
    ... what does this have to do with the Gem State?
    *re-reads*
    awesome
    I wonder what others here in my state think? I have no issue with this; I mean, come on-- in freaking Uganda they've passed laws to kill people who fall into these categories! That's just wrong.
    BUT. Idaho is ... full of religious conservatives/radical conservatives (ie repeal a bunch of laws and policies to get back to 'where we were' bullshit) and IDAHO... well... I have a feeling that while my university would celebrate it (were it in normal session), not many places else would.
    When I saw the thread, I thought you were going to move here!
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Working...
    X