This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Is Pretty Cool

This is from my blog. It is a boat that delivers mail to the ships passing on the Detroit River. It has it's own Zip Code - 48222.

http://michiganexposures.blogspot.co...in-action.html

Own Zip Code: always impressive.
    but why so tiny? Why it's own zip?

... oh~
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
      but why so tiny? Why it's own zip?
      As for the second part, it's required for any ship that receives mail. Because they can be within several zip code areas over the course of the year or even in areas with no zip code association, mail receiving ships have their own so the writers aren't changing codes every other week or day. It gives a permanency for the post office. Navy vessels, who often are in regions of the world without any mail service itself all have their own zip code for the same reason.
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
        As for the second part, it's required for any ship that receives mail. Because they can be within several zip code areas over the course of the year or even in areas with no zip code association, mail receiving ships have their own so the writers aren't changing codes every other week or day. It gives a permanency for the post office. Navy vessels, who often are in regions of the world without any mail service itself all have their own zip code for the same reason.
        LOL mrDrone still remembers the FPO AE zipcode his first submarine had, and it has been razorblades for years =)
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
        X