This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using AIDS to cure Cancer

... well, HIV to cure chronic lymphotic lukemia...
    but you get the farking idea!
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

.. and they can cure AIDS with a bone marrow transplant!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...mune-gene.html
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

That's so incredible! A step in a good direction, and hey, every new treatment helps.
      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

It's like something out of one of the RPGs I play! (We tend to stack Awesome on top of Cool on top of Impossible on top of Shurikens on top of Fire on top of Tengen Toppa Guren Laggan. It's that fun. X-x )
        Honestly, it's about damn time that bitch went to work (re AIDS/HIV). Who's a good little plague? Who's a little angel-blight-on-humanity? Yes, yes you are!/snoggles it with a finger
        (what?)
        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
          It's like something out of one of the RPGs I play! (We tend to stack Awesome on top of Cool on top of Impossible on top of Shurikens on top of Fire on top of Tengen Toppa Guren Laggan. It's that fun. X-x )
          Honestly, it's about damn time that bitch went to work (re AIDS/HIV). Who's a good little plague? Who's a little angel-blight-on-humanity? Yes, yes you are!/snoggles it with a finger
          (what?)
          This post has me wondering if ThinkGeek has an HIV plush in their plush microbe collection...
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

They do. It's just as ugly as the real thing.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/prod...cteria-hiv.jpg
            Last edited by Salted Grump; 08-14-2011, 07:46 PM. Reason: Added image.

Comment

The thing of it is, the "HIV" isn't actually the exact same stuff that turns into AIDS and kills people-- it's modified to eat the leukemia! So, no, from my understanding, you don't have to worry about HIV now... although I'm guessing blood safety protocols should be followed anyway...

Comment

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/t_cells.png
                ... I'll just leave this here.

Comment

Working...
                X