X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The king is dead: Long live the king

Burger King ditches the King mascot.

What the hell took them so long?
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

They used the King when I was very young 30+ years ago, they dropped him, they brought him back, they dropped him...so they'll bring him back in 20-30 years...
    Testing
    "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

Glad to see that happen . . . now if McD's will do the same with Ronald McDonald, maybe I won't have as many nightmares.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Thank god...that thing was just about the creepiest mascot I've ever seen.

Ronald McDonald is annoying, but not nearly as bad as the king.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Ronald McDonald is corny but the King is pretty weird IMO.
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I liked the King. Nice guy surprising people with fresh burgers. And the dude has mad football skills.
            "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
              Glad to see that happen . . . now if McD's will do the same with Ronald McDonald, maybe I won't have as many nightmares.
              Here... I'll give you some links to some non-creepy versions of Ronald.

Japanese male Ronald
              Japanese female Ronald

no clown makeup i swear and they're actually kinda nice looking... though if the guy was any thinner he could challenge L for his role in Death Note.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                Here... I'll give you some links to some non-creepy versions of Ronald.

no clown makeup i swear and they're actually kinda nice looking... though if the guy was any thinner he could challenge L for his role in Death Note.
                I like these non-corny Ronald McDonalds! The female's outfits look so cool!
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Now, if we can just get Jack to come out here...

Comment

That reminds me, I never did get all of the achievements in Sneak King.

now if McD's will do the same with Ronald McDonald, maybe I won't have as many nightmares.
                    I d'know, you have to admire Ronald's smug grin in that article.
                    "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Quoth Caveat Emptor View Post
                      They used the King when I was very young 30+ years ago, they dropped him, they brought him back, they dropped him...so they'll bring him back in 20-30 years...
                      You're probably right about that. This is the third version I can recall.
                      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

now if McD's will do the same with Ronald McDonald, maybe I won't have as many nightmares.
                        What did Willard Scott ever do to you?
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

The Puerto Rican Burger King was cute. He was an actual guy with a beard--no horrifying masks there!

Yes, I know my opinion is useless without pics. I'll try to get hubby to scan the pic so I can post it. ;-)

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                            What did Willard Scott ever do to you?

And there's another one that gives me the willies . . .

My goal is to outlive him so he doesn't show up on my 100th birthday . . .
                            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                            X