Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars fans. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars fans. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.

This is 100% confirmed for the Blu Ray release of RotJ. If you don't want to know how Lucas up the original trilogy (AGAIN!) then DO NOT click the link. For everyone else, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry.

http://youtu.be/eGaSxSuB2vY

ETA: It is now confirmed. I am not buying Star Wars on Blu Ray.
    Last edited by SG15Z; 08-31-2011, 04:17 PM. Reason: Adding

No.......NO.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Me:

It says right there at the beginning of the video description that this is NOT from the Blu Ray
      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
        Me:

It says right there at the beginning of the video description that this is NOT from the Blu Ray
        It's made up with video from old DVD releases and audio (the only change) leaked from the upcoming Blu Ray. there are a couple of other changes leaked, the most ridiculous being The new sound Obi Wan makes when he scares away the Tusken Raiders.

Other changes apparently include
        Making Jabba's Palace door enormous
        Blinking Ewoks
        and make R2D2's hiding place on Tatooine impossible to get in or out of.

Though these aren't 100% confirmed.
        Last edited by SpaceCore; 08-31-2011, 05:19 PM.
        It makes sense.

Comment

The sad part? Most of us will buy it anyway. And George knows that. Surely he also knows we'd also all buy the exact same movies we already own just because it's on BluRay. Anyone else wondering when he's going to "fix" the prequels?

I found the first "little no" not so bad. The second BIG NOOOOOOOOO was just as narmy and stupid as it was in ROTS. Still, I find that scene much more powerful without Vader saying anything at all. It's obvious what he's thinking as he looks back and forth between Luke and the Emperor.
          Last edited by Dave1982; 09-01-2011, 11:04 AM. Reason: lolspeak is annoying
          I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
            Anyone else wondering when he's going to "fix" the prequels?
            Now. Puppet Yoda from episode one is being replaced with CGI, I think this is the most confirmed of all the changes. Out of everything I think this is the only positive, cause that puppet in Episode I was a bit crap, and it at least ties the look together for the three prequels.
            It makes sense.

Comment

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
              Still, I find that scene much more powerful without Vader saying anything at all. It's obvious what he's thinking as he looks back and forth between Luke and the Emperor.
              I like that scene starting with Vader saying, "Sister? so you have a twin sister. Obiwan was wise to hide her from me. NOw his failure is complete. If you will not join me...then perhaps she will..." After that, not much dialogue but awesome cinematography and music.
              Last edited by Dave1982; 09-01-2011, 11:04 AM. Reason: please do not quote the entire post

Comment

Quoth SpaceCore View Post
                Now. Puppet Yoda from episode one is being replaced with CGI, I think this is the most confirmed of all the changes. Out of everything I think this is the only positive, cause that puppet in Episode I was a bit crap, and it at least ties the look together for the three prequels.
                That puppet was TERRIBLE. A CG Yoda (I can't believe I'm gonna say this) will make Episode I better.

Comment

Here is the actual blu-ray clip.

It still sucks.
                  What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

ewok eyes weren't bad. kinda cool really

darth-skeleton stuff... interesting.
                    is that new? i don't remember...

which reminds me, somewhere i have my Original Anikin action figure. before whinyboy took over the part.
                    Last edited by PepperElf; 09-01-2011, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Quoth Parrothead View Post
                      It still sucks.
                      Understatement of the decade.

Comment

Quoth SG15Z View Post
                        Understatement of the decade.
                        Agreed. Love this comment from the youtube page:

I have altered the films. PRAY I DON'T ALTER THEM ANY FURTHER. -George Lucas
                        "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                          I have altered the films. PRAY I DON'T ALTER THEM ANY FURTHER. -George Lucas
                          Stop me before I spill again.
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

So my biggest problem with the added dramatic "NOOO!"s (Nose?), besides the fact that George had to have heard the reaction to the ROTS "NOOOOOOOOO!!!" and thought "So, the fans want more no....", is that the Emperor can't possibly be so distracted by shocking Luke that he's doesn't react at all when the giant robot next to him starts screaming bloody murder.
                            It makes sense.

Comment

Why must Lucas fuck with this scene?

Comment

Working...
                              X