This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Pretending you care' by Norm Feuti

I picked up this gem of a book at Amazon on a whim and it's laugh out loud funny! The author worked retail for years and it's all in there, customers, co-workers, managers, etc., plus he's a comic strip creator, called 'Retail', so the book is sprinkled with great strips that are so true and funny.
    If you get a chance, check it out, it makes the day a little better just laughing about it
    Last edited by Ree; 09-13-2011, 10:09 AM.

The Retail strips are printed in the local paper and they always make me laugh. It's kind of one of those, "I laugh because it's true!" sort of things, like how parents might get a bigger laugh out of Baby Blues.

Comment

Quoth ShadowBall View Post
      The Retail strips are printed in the local paper and they always make me laugh.
      They're online, too.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I got this book when it first came out...very funny =)
        If you don't like my attitude, talk to the manager!!! Oh, wait, that would be me!!

Yes, I'm the manager. I'm also known as "the brick wall".

Comment

Yay, another time-waster, and so relevant too! Thanks everyone!
          "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I LOVE the Retail Comic! I'd love to get that...I wonder if they have something similar to that for call center slaves employees like me!
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
              I LOVE the Retail Comic! I'd love to get that...I wonder if they have something similar to that for call center slaves employees like me!
              Oh yeah we need one of those!

I did have a co-worker once who said we should write a book about it and call it, "Don't Let This Happen To You."
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I love this book! I picked it up years ago and still find it as funny as I did when I first read it.
                my favourite author is neil gaiman. - me
                it is? I don't like potatoes much. - the chatbot I was talking to

Comment

I have this book too. I read the comic every day...it's in my "morning" bookmarks folder at work.
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
                    This site has some good stuff about call centers, though it doesn't seem to be completely dedicated to the subject. Look at the post about hairstyles...that one was actually posted on an announcement on my call center's Intranet site
                    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Working...
                    X