X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phallic-shaped food!

http://www.chilli-willy.com/

I saw a photo of these at some point and I thought it'd be amusing.

That's how they're shaped, they're not modified in anyway. They're called "Chilli Willy". And they are edible.

Enjoy.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

That is too funny!
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

It's British. Why am I not surprised?

Considering getting some, mind.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
        It's British. Why am I not surprised?

Considering getting some, mind.

Rapscallion

I hope you're referring to the "Chilly Willys" . . .
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Wow. I really am a hot head.
          See amazingly accurate uncut phallic chili peppers.
          See grow kit.
          Start scouring site.
          Won't order w/o knowing the Scoville.

Comment

They're also called Peter Peppers, and are around 30K Scovilles (for those who want to know

Comment

Scovilles?

Comment

How awesome XD

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                  Scovilles?
                  Scoville scale. a measurement of the spicy heat (or piquance) of a chili pepper.

30,000–50,000

Guntur chilli, Cayenne pepper, Ají pepper, Tabasco pepper, Cumari pepper (Capsicum Chinese), Chipotle.
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                    Scoville scale. a measurement of the spicy heat (or piquance) of a chili pepper.

30,000–50,000

Guntur chilli, Cayenne pepper, Ají pepper, Tabasco pepper, Cumari pepper (Capsicum Chinese), Chipotle.
                    So my guess would be hotter than a jalapeno, but not as hot as a habanero.

And DEFINITELY not as hot as the pepper spray that law enforcement officers use

Comment

Not even close to Ghost Peppers either .
                      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                        So my guess would be hotter than a jalapeno, but not as hot as a habanero.

And DEFINITELY not as hot as the pepper spray that law enforcement officers use
                        Correct on all those parts. The jalepeno is one of the more milder peppers usually peaking at 10,000 on the scale, while a habanero is one of the hottest starting at 350,000. It's only only beat out by the ghost pepper, the Naga Viper, the Infinity chili, and the current record holder of the Trinidad Scorpion Butch T pepper at 1,463,700.

Law enforcement grade pepper spray and other non lethal ammunition in use by law enforcement or military starts at 500k and goes above 5 million on the scale. Pure Capsaicin (the active heat chemical) is about 15 to 16 million on the scale, though it's only theoretical as even a small drop of it can kill several people.
                        I AM the evil bastard!
                        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                          Correct on all those parts. The jalepeno is one of the more milder peppers usually peaking at 10,000 on the scale, while a habanero is one of the hottest starting at 350,000. It's only only beat out by the ghost pepper, the Naga Viper, the Infinity chili, and the current record holder of the Trinidad Scorpion Butch T pepper at 1,463,700.

Law enforcement grade pepper spray and other non lethal ammunition in use by law enforcement or military starts at 500k and goes above 5 million on the scale. Pure Capsaicin (the active heat chemical) is about 15 to 16 million on the scale, though it's only theoretical as even a small drop of it can kill several people.
                          Actually, you're missing several that are hotter than the habanero, and the habanero itself tops out at 350K, starts at 250K. The jalapeno itself tops out at 5K, though I strongly suspect that this is because they've not tested ones grown in NJ. Something about this state messes with the jalapeno heat scale somehow.

Anyway, here's one helluva comprehensive chart: http://www.scottrobertsweb.com/scoville-scale.php to show all of them. In addition, liquid chromatography tests are quite commonly used to figure out the Scoville rating, so the 15-16 million is not theoretical. That's the actual rating, and people are not endangered in order to get that number.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                            Not even close to Ghost Peppers either .
                            So...

How hot is your willy?
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Pedersen View Post
                              Actually, you're missing several that are hotter than the habanero, and the habanero itself tops out at 350K, starts at 250K. The jalapeno itself tops out at 5K, though I strongly suspect that this is because they've not tested ones grown in NJ. Something about this state messes with the jalapeno heat scale somehow.

Anyway, here's one helluva comprehensive chart: http://www.scottrobertsweb.com/scoville-scale.php to show all of them. In addition, liquid chromatography tests are quite commonly used to figure out the Scoville rating, so the 15-16 million is not theoretical. That's the actual rating, and people are not endangered in order to get that number.
                              I stand corrected. My source of info is wikipedia.
                              I AM the evil bastard!
                              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
                              X