This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• woman sues walmart for 2 cents..and wins

Honestly, it sounds like this lady has nothing better to do...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0...earold_girl_is
    Last edited by Ree; 10-02-2011, 08:56 PM. Reason: Removed permission to move thread as I was moving the thread anyway

In a related story the article links to, the same "consumer advocate" complains over a stales tax issue, that the store is legally allowed to do under PA law.

Essentially, in PA they can legally charge sales tax on the value of the item before a coupon is used, as long as they don't link the coupon to the item. WalMart doesn't do this and said advocate whines that others do it. Well, it is legal. Don't like it stop bitching at WM and contact you state legislators to fix the loophole.

If she did that, she wouldn't be able to get her face on the news all the time.

Comment

All I can say is that if she's got the money to waste over 2 cents, then that's on her.

Myself, personally - two cents isn't enough to show my ass in court over.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

All that hoopla over TWO motherfucking cents?!!! Good grief.
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Okay, so there's a principle here, Wally World is lax in updating their plu files. But geez, lady, over two cents (which they gladly refunded that instant)? Get a sense of proportion, there are bigger battles to fight. Even with Wally World!
          I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

The issue isn't over the two cents. It's the fact that days after the error was discovered, it wasn't fixed. That's not right. If it was an issue with the packaging, change the sign to say $1.00 instead of the lower price that not all of the product ring up for.

VoldeMart has an obligation to have accurate signage and people should not be being charged more than what the sign says when this was a problem already identified. It's about the slack practices of the store, not the $.02.

Comment

Why is it that anytime someone from the Pittsburgh area makes the news, it's always over something ridiculous or embarrassing? I wish my biggest goddamn problem in life was being overcharged by two cents. Mix that with bragging about four other lawsuits against the same store and, well, I think it's safe to say this idiot has no life and no shame.

Comment

Really, a lawsuit was a bit overboard. When I worked at the Shack, we would have regular pricing inspections by the Department of Agriculture, Weights and Measures. They'd check a hundred random items and if five were priced incorrectly, we got a pretty big fine. She could have just reported it to the state board responsible and saved herself the legal headache. She must have money to burn and too much time to waste.

Comment

If I remember right, she got a lot more then 2c from the verdict. That seems to be her actual motivation..not the actual 2c.
                  Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

But don't you see she is a "consumer advocate"? It is her duty to clog the court system and spend her time suing the same store over and over. ::sarcasm off::

Yes, there is an issue with wrong prices at times. But a non-SC type complaint to the manager is the way to handle it.

Maybe I should proclaim to be an "intelligence advocate" so I could spend my time suing stupid people.

Comment

My only thought when I was reading that was, "If she's this freaked out over 2 cents, wait till she sees the increase in prices when Wally World sees how much they're having spend on frivolous lawsuits...". If she was honestly that pissed about 2 cents, go to a manager, write to corporate, but taking it to court, clogging the system, and claiming to be speaking for the entirety of consumers is the reason the term "d-bag" was coined as a pejorative.
                      "Some wounds grow worse beneath the surgeon's hand; better that they were not touched at all."

Comment

I'm glad my taxes help pay for the court system so that she can do this kind of crap. Oh well, 15 trillion in the hold? Why not just keep piling it on right?

Comment

Until we changed the law, she would have been entitled to alot more money than that here.

Sorry, the money part of the law hasn't changed, just the fact that the stores have to mark each item.

Comment

Quoth Kaylyn View Post
                            Really, a lawsuit was a bit overboard. When I worked at the Shack, we would have regular pricing inspections by the Department of Agriculture, Weights and Measures. They'd check a hundred random items and if five were priced incorrectly, we got a pretty big fine. She could have just reported it to the state board responsible and saved herself the legal headache. She must have money to burn and too much time to waste.
                            A simple complaint to the appropriate agency doesn't get her on the news so she can feel special.

Comment

Working...
                            X