This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The White Tiger Fraud

Did you ever wonder where white tigers came from? The reality is horrifying!

http://www.bigcatrescue.org/white_tigers.htm
    Shut up and jump.

White tigers are OK, but proper tigers are nicer. I think its quite unbelievable that people are allowed to own these poor creatures in some parts of the US.
    A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
    - Dave Barry

Comment

Maybe I'm reading the article wrong, but it seems like white tigers can and do appear naturally. I can understand being upset aboud specifically inbreeding tigers to force a genetic abnormality...but then again how is this really different from certain popular breeds of dogs? I think I want to do a lot more research on the subject before setting my opinion.

:edit:Ramble:On:
      But then again, all of my cats and dogs have been unpedigreed "mutts" except for my parent's Chow, who was a purebreed, but couldn't be sold as such because they were unsure who the father was, so there was no definate family tree they could document. The breeders were friends of my parents, and gave away the puppies rather than destroy them like some breeders might (A practice I am completely against!).

Bo (my parents Chow, short for Mo Shu Hi Bo Gau) Died this past year. He was a sweet dog, but very protective. You had to introduce strangers to him, but after that he was just fine with people.
      :Ramble:Off:
      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Ever wonder where Manx cats come from? Generations of inbreeding. Any single-breed animal is the result of generations of this sort of behaviour.

Pleasant lot, us humans.

Rapscallion

Comment

Tiny tailed Manx kitties rule!
          Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

My barn cat is a manx.
            It bothers me that unscrupulous breeders would sell their animals to people who have no idea what they're doing. But then, dalmatian breeders did just that when 101 Dalmatians came out, too.

Comment

gee, now I have another reason for rooting for the tiger when he attacked Roy.
              I AM the evil bastard!
              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
              X