This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Above and beyond: taking the American flag to a new level

Decided to include a picture of the flag (which is why it's in check-it-out and not the praise forum)

The google map picture really doesn't do it credit... although it does illustrate one of the unique things about this flag.

The flag sits on the lot of a car dealer and according to their website it's the biggest flag in the state and I can believe it. My BF said it was "battle size" ... I'm not sure what size that is but it's definitely bigger than the holiday flags we flew on the ships.

But more than that... he's flying it properly. It can't be cheap, not with a flag that big but... it's always in good condition, even though he flies it 247. And yes he has a spot light for it for night-flying too.

But from the photo you can see it's at half mast. That's the other thing he does.

Whenever anyone from the local battalion dies he flies the flag at half mast - one day for each person. Right now it's at full-mast which is how I like seeing it most.

But ... that's what I like about this dealer. He treats the flag with respect... and takes it a step further in showing respect to the local troops.

that's pretty cool.

One of the things I found annoying when people were flying the car flags was how many of them were in disrepair. I mean some of them looked like they went through Gettysburg and back. When the flag is worn down to the Union...you are no longer show pride...you're showing how much of a lazy bastard you are.

Comment

Where is that? (it looks familiar is why I'm asking.)

Eta: hooray for someone flying the flag with respect.
      Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
      Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

One of my pet peeves... The Pseudo Patriotic. People who fly a flag in complete violation of the flag code.

We had a 30' flag at the gas station I worked at. Unfortunately, the pole was only 60' high, plus the mounting were fixed. Could not fly it at half mast.

30 footers are kind of common. If it is the largest in the state, it would have to be bigger than that.
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
          One of the things I found annoying when people were flying the car flags was how many of them were in disrepair. I mean some of them looked like they went through Gettysburg and back.
          Do you mean they only had 34 stars? That's what a flag that had gone through Gettysburg would look like.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
          X