This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The age of dinosaurs

Here is when the fun began. An 1988 phone modem, it's shows what fun we had just to get on the INTERNET (At that time very basic) no plug and play. How many remember jumpers and switches to configure everything
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ8aa...eature=related
    "Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears." – Rudyard Kipling

I don't have hot flashes. I have short, private vacations to the tropics.

Oh wow. I couldn't help a chuckle that he got it in the "free box" at a yard sale.

Talk about old school. We had one in our "computer room" at my elementary school that would let us dial into an educational bbs.
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

I started out (around 1982 or 3) on a 300bps modem in my Apple][+ AND remember the days when most BBSs had only a single line in---meaning that only one user could be on a BBS at any time (at that time most BBSs were run by people out of their homes). some of the "bigger" BBSs did have multi-line capability but those were usually pay boards
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I still have my 300 baud for my C=64.

BBS's on a single line - those were the good ole' days. One "high end" BBS that I use had FIVE lines and a chat room!

There was also a small network of BBSs in my area - they had computers in several towns that would talk to each other - you could send a message (email) from one town to another town.
        Quote Dalesys:
        ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

My father started a business in our home. He used a modem to dial into the mini-computer owned by his partner in another town.

This was in 1975. He cut circles from file folders and inserted them into the cups to help with the noise/signal ratio. Some days he needed only one, other days two or more depending on how the phone lines were acting.

And God forbid if he forgot to put signs on the other extensions and you accidentally picked up another phone and killed his transmission. Ah, childhood memories.
          The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
          X