X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Davy Jones

I have always loved the Monkees' music.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17214430
    "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" Severus Snape

I loved the show when i was a kid. And now Marcia Brady won't have an act for the high school dance!
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Another icon from childhood has died.

RIP Davy.
      I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

So bizarre. Was just talking about him yesterday to a tweener at work, explaining that they weren't an 'English Invasion' group, etc. Very sad, the show was a big part of my Saturday mornings.

Comment

I love you, dear Davy! RIP.
          Steven Slater ROCKS! So does James Jones!

The world is an asshole contest...and EVERYONE'S A WINNER!

Comment

This is very sad, he was (well, still is) a major icon and influence in today's music industry.
            Quote Dalesys:
            ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-sGDe-yMKs

My favorite Davy Jones song, recorded a few years back for a 1960's pop themed collection by Sandra Boynton.
              https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

I'm listening to "Daydream Believer" as I write this. I just can't fathom how he could be gone.

Comment

From Mr. Nesmith's FB status:

Michael Nesmith
                  All the lovely people. Where do they all come from? So many lovely and heartfelt messages of condolence and sympathy, I don’t know what to say, except my sincere thank you to all. I share and appreciate your feelings. But let’s not get ahead of ourselves here. While it is jarring, and sometimes seems unjust, or strange, this transition we call dying and death is a constant in the mortal experience that we know almost nothing about. I am of the mind that it is a transition and I carry with me a certainty of the continuity of existence. While I don’t exactly know what happens in these times, there is an ongoing sense of life that reaches in my mind out far beyond the near horizons of mortality and into the reaches of infinity. That David has stepped beyond my view causes me the sadness that it does many of you. I will miss him, but I won’t abandon him to mortality. I will think of him as existing within the animating life that insures existence. I will think of him and his family with that gentle regard in spite of all the contrary appearances on the mortal plane. David’s spirit and soul live well in my heart, among all the lovely people, who remember with me the good times, and the healing times, that were created for so many, including us. I have fond memories. I wish him safe travels.

Comment

Awwww I loved him too.

I still remember squeeing when I heard his voice in Phineas and Ferb.

And youtube is being a ass cause all mentions of daydream believer have had their sound muted.
                    Last edited by Aethian; 03-01-2012, 02:47 AM.

Comment

Darn. I always liked the Monkees. They were clever, funny and entertaining and made many enjoyable songs. And Davy was always so charming.

RIP Davy.
                      Last edited by XCashier; 03-03-2012, 03:04 AM.
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

aw...

I guess he took the ... last train to heaven?

Think I'll listen to some monkee music now.

Comment

Working...
                        X