Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$5 for a movie ticket? My local AMC charged me $9.50...for matinee. The concession prices really are extortion but what can you do? Either don't eat or just smuggle stuff in. My ex and I used to do that all the time. Pop our own popcorn, put it in baggies, stuff it in her purse, and that was that.
    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

I suppose the easy alternative is to do without food for ... almost three hours including travel?

Rapscallion

Comment

I usually go to a matinee and eat lunch beforehand. If I get popcorn I have to get a drink and then my bladder is screaming at me 3/4 of the way through the film.
        Testing
        "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
          I suppose the easy alternative is to do without food for ... almost three hours including travel?

Rapscallion
          Or have lunch/dinner before the film.

We did that the other night. Went to the very nice tavern attached to the cinema, then went and saw John Carter about an hour after that (boyfriend lives maybe 5-10 minutes away from there). Didn't need food, we only bought a slushie each.
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

last time i went out i got the kid's pack. for what i wanted it was pretty good really, including the price. maybe 5-6 something tops

then again i suspect it was similar to a "kid's meal" at a fast food place... where the serving size IS the right size for a single person etc.

Comment

Working...
            X