Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Water)Fall in love with Western North Carolina! (yet another photo thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Water)Fall in love with Western North Carolina! (yet another photo thread)

I went for a walk in the woods.
    Drive it like it's a county car.

I always so look forward to your photo threads. And this particular area of the world is one of my favorites. I think my soul is in the white water. I look at the pictures of it and I can always hear the sound of the water in my ears, and feel the icy cold of it on my skin.

It's like a battery charger for your spirit, the places up around Brevard and Asheville.

You're right about the waterfalls. I once knocked myself un freaking conscious up at Turtlehead Falls once, and I wasn't even up on the falls or rocks or anything. I was on the trail. I understand people go up there all the time and slip on the falls, hit their heads, and drown.

So the fact I ended up out cold on the trail, where I was supposed to be, was a bit ironic.

I have not been white water rafting or canoeing in too long. I need to get up there and get wet.

Comment

That is so sweet of you to say! Thank you!

And yes, I know I'm right about the waterfalls. Every. Single. Freaking. Year -- tourists manage to launch themselves off the tops of the waterfalls. They do it in Dupont Forest, Chimney Rock Park, Looking Glass Falls, here, there, everywhere. Some make it out alive, and some don't. My boyfriend gets to deal with his share of them at his hospital. Some people around here even have betting pools on when the first tourist death from falling off a waterfall will occur. Usually in June, by the way.

Please do come up and get wet. You know you're always welcome, and if you're so inclined, you can canoe or kayak right through the center of town.

Comment

So pretty!

Reminds me of our own Whatcom Falls Park, which holds the upper and middle falls to Whatcom Creek. Recently, the city just won a court case against someone who slipped and fell and injured her spine by the cliffs above the middle falls (where people jump off into the water....it's surrounded by several "Do Not Enter" and "Stay on the Trail" signs).

Every year, someone falls off one of the regions waterfalls and dies, it seems like.
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

That is spectacular. Thank you.
          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Never been a fan of the cemetery pictures, but the quickest way to my heart is pictures involving water. Well..healthy looking water..not trash filled or anything like that. Waterfalls, creeks, oceans, fountains, streams..doesn't matter. Water rules.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Thanks for looking, everyone. I'm hoping to get some more nature photos later on this spring and summer. If the fall color is good, I'd also really like to go back to Dupont to get some photos in the autumn.

Comment

Those remind me of some of the falls in Northern Michigan.

Comment

Working...
                X