This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beyond creepy

Hairsticks made out of human ribs. http://www.etsy.com/listing/71512813...facet=handmade
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Hmmm, interesting. Pretty too. I have some deer ribs that would be about the right size to do this; I should try it.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Hm, I was not aware that human bones could be legally dug up and used for anything, heck - getting bones for anatomy classes can make for lots of hoops, and that is for a sane and sensible use. Something like hairsticks? If I was the judge sitting for that decision, I would have serious issues with that. Body parts belong in graves, not at raves.
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
        Hm, I was not aware that human bones could be legally dug up and used for anything, heck ....
        Maybe "rescued from the grave" means they were never interred? Still seems like a sticky issue. I personally have no issues with what gets done with remains, but enough of society does that there are zillions of laws about it. Weird one.

Comment

We need a "creeped out" emoticon.

Although... I do know that the bones used on set for the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre were real human bones. at the time it was cheaper to get real bones than it was to get replicas.

still... *shudder*

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
            Hmmm, interesting. Pretty too. I have some deer ribs that would be about the right size to do this; I should try it.
            I started to try this. Never figured out how to get rid of the marrow enough to not be nervous. Had someone recommend getting a thigh bone and cutting out a piece to use instead. Haven't tried it yet though.
            "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Quoth Shangri-laschild View Post
              I started to try this. Never figured out how to get rid of the marrow enough to not be nervous. Had someone recommend getting a thigh bone and cutting out a piece to use instead. Haven't tried it yet though.
              I have flesh eating taxidermy beetles. The larva crawl right into the bone to eat it and voila! instant flute! An end does have to be broken for them to get in, though. I'm sure you could drill it out too with a long thin bit, then clean it with chemical wash.
              "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                I have flesh eating taxidermy beetles. The larva crawl right into the bone to eat it and voila! instant flute! An end does have to be broken for them to get in, though. I'm sure you could drill it out too with a long thin bit, then clean it with chemical wash.
                I tried boiling in bleach water which was definitely not chemical enough. The ends are open right now. Hahaha congrats on the bugs, that would be perfect!
                "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Working...
                X