X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Six-year-old blows up building

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/w...-1226443136766

A cancer patient won the right to push the big shiny button, that implodes a building.

When the article was posted on the AdelaideNow Facebook page, the question put at the top was "Ever seen a six-year-old blow up a building?"

One of the commenters responses was

No, but I've seen a 4 year old wreck a clean house in 10 minutes flat!
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

My Dad once worked as a consultant for some controlled demolitions work, imploding an old hotel that was done over New Years for some extra festivity. It was a great gag for some time after to ask him at parties, in front of those not in the know: "So, how's the party?". To which he'd respond "Great, but it doesn't beat that time we blew up that hotel!"
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
      My Dad once worked as a consultant for some controlled demolitions work, imploding an old hotel that was done over New Years for some extra festivity. It was a great gag for some time after to ask him at parties, in front of those not in the know: "So, how's the party?". To which he'd respond "Great, but it doesn't beat that time we blew up that hotel!"
      I got to ride in a tank and shoot a car =) I was 7 years old at the time. It was FUN!!!!!!
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I had the most terrible feeling when I saw the OP title.

Imagine my chagrin and relief when I found out what it was ACTUALLY about.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
          I had the most terrible feeling when I saw the OP title.
          I was going to ask if somebody found out about the time Brenda blew up her uncle's house in Bermuda but I just remembered I already wrote that story a few years back.

And she was well older than 6 when that happened, but I digress.

Sounds like the kid in the OP had a blast . . .
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I am so envious of that 6-year-old! I see there's no word on if he laughed maniacally as he pushed the button. I bet he did. (I would.)
            Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I didn't get to hit any buttons but... I got to see my ship launch 5 inch rounds into another ship. Sometimes the old ships get sunk vs scrapped for metal and then the other ships get to play target practice on them.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                I didn't get to hit any buttons but... I got to see my ship launch 5 inch rounds into another ship. Sometimes the old ships get sunk vs scrapped for metal and then the other ships get to play target practice on them.
                I got to see something like that on The Force (Aussie cop show). Except they used explosives rather than shooting it.
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
                X