This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth wolfie View Post
    1) Where did you get the idea that she'd be allowed into heaven in the first place?

2) In the event she managed to get into heaven, she'd probably make enough ridiculous complaints (cloud not fluffy enough, doesn't like harp music, etc.) that St. Peter would tell her "Go to Hell!" (and enforce the order).

well I did say "if"...

oh and don't forget the angels aren't wingy-enough. And that she can do a better job than God.

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
      Generally, I don't like Gordon Ramsey as he's too abrasive for my tastes most of the time. This time, however, I enjoyed watching him take her down a notch.
      Blame Fox for that. Their editing (not to mention Hell's kitchen) makes him out to be far more vicious than he really is.
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

True. If you've seen "The F-Word" or the UK version of "Kitchen Nightmares", he's much more laid-back. Sure, he is still plenty hot-blooded, but he comes across more as a "tough love"-type than the Drill Sergeant from Full Metal Jacket.

I also think he judges everyone from the level they're supposed to be on. The amateurs he works with on "The F-Word" don't get yelled at at all. The people who claim to be professionals and should know better.... This goes doubly for Hell's Kitchen, when people are trying to become head chef at a 3-star restaurant and he has put his name on the line.

Also, if I was as passionate about food as he is, and saw some of the shit on those TV-shows of his, I'd want to yell and throw things too.
        The customer is always right, but this is a public house, and you are a guest.

Comment

Quoth Divra View Post
          True. If you've seen "The F-Word" or the UK version of "Kitchen Nightmares", he's much more laid-back. Sure, he is still plenty hot-blooded, but he comes across more as a "tough love"-type than the Drill Sergeant from Full Metal Jacket.

I also think he judges everyone from the level they're supposed to be on. The amateurs he works with on "The F-Word" don't get yelled at at all. The people who claim to be professionals and should know better.... This goes doubly for Hell's Kitchen, when people are trying to become head chef at a 3-star restaurant and he has put his name on the line.

Also, if I was as passionate about food as he is, and saw some of the shit on those TV-shows of his, I'd want to yell and throw things too.
          QTF. For instance, check YouTube for clips from Hell's Kitchen season 1, where all the chefs were (sorta) amateurs. Then compare his rants during kitchen service then, and the full-on ragestorm that we watch nowadays.
          A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

Quoth Divra View Post

True. Also, after a few years of Hells Kitchen, it's known that his "staple" menu items are scallops, risotto and wellington (and some kind of fish). Therefore, it's not unreasonable for him to expect decently cooked food after the 5th or 6 th service. But he still gets raw/overcooked scallops etc by the 12th service? I would just start drinking the cooking oil, honestly...
            The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
              Blame Fox for that. Their editing (not to mention Hell's kitchen) makes him out to be far more vicious than he really is.
              You know, this wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Kinda like what the network does with Simon Powell. Sure he does have his vicious moments, but if you ever really watch him carefully... he often saves the worst of it for the EWs. The contestants who suck but seem to be very sweet, he's actually kinda gentle with. And the kids... I still remember him giving Piers a "WTF is wrong with you!" look for buzzing against a child. I mean if I went up there singing, acting like I was the next Colm Wilkenson (I'm a girl tenor!) I can see him telling me off. But if I was really trying hard, and being humble... then yeah I think I'd be left off easy.

I imagine GR isn't much different. Exacting standards, but professional - unless you need an attitude adjustment.
              Last edited by PepperElf; 09-04-2012, 09:07 PM.

Comment

That woman either A) Can't recognize good cooking B) was complaining for the sake of it/for attention or C) Wanted a comp.

There was only ONE time I was ever unsatisfied enough with food that I sent it back, and I did continue eating after mentioning to my friends it wasn't up to par. This, however, was because we couldn't get our server to come back to our table and I was starving. I even said that I was worried by the time someone was actually able to get her to come back, I would have cleared the awful plate. I was that hungry. It took 20 minutes or more to get her to come out. We were the only people in her section

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                Yeah if you watch him on the UK shows, or on Master Chef he comes off as much nicer and more supportive. Watch him on quiz shows and BBC interviews and he's all laughs and smiles. He's passionate, and there is an editing issue with Fox.

Semi-Unrelated question= Is anyone else watching Hotel Hell?!
                Last edited by hinakiba777; 09-05-2012, 07:02 AM.
                Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Working...
                X