This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kickstarter: Planetary Annihilation

So, I asked Raps, and he agreed to let me post this thread.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...generation-rts

I'll cover some of the highlights:
    • Real time strategy game, being built by the same people who built Total Annihilation, Supreme Commander, and others. Penny Arcade does a better job of describing their history than I will.
    • Support for Windows, Mac, and Linux on launch day.
    • Support for 64 bit systems, multiple monitors, and multiple cores.
    • DRM Free
    • Smash planets into each other for fun!
    • You can run your own server.
    • Modding supported on launch day.
    • Estimated release July, 2013.

So, why am I wanting to get people to notice this project? Simple: They've already got what looks to be a good start, right now. The project is fully funded, and will happen. But their next stretch goal, 1,800,000 dollars, is going to provide a procedurally generated galaxy module they call "Galactic War". Basically, infinitely replayable galaxy spanning wars amongst factions.

Right now, they're $171,000 short of their goal for this. They have just over 72 hours left. If they make this goal, I think it's going to change from being a 1-2 year game to being a decades long game.

I've already backed it as much as I can (and probably more than I should). Check it out, and I very much doubt you'll be disappointed. This looks awesome, and I look forward to playing it. Maybe even with you, if you want

You are my new favorite person. I played the hell out of total annihilation and all its expansions as well as supreme commander. Now I have something else to look forward to.

Comment

Quoth Gost2036 View Post
      You are my new favorite person. I played the hell out of total annihilation and all its expansions as well as supreme commander. Now I have something else to look forward to.
      Cool. Glad I'm not the only one looking forward to it.

By the way, they just hit the stretch goal for Galactic War. We're gonna get it!

Comment

Working...
      X