This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alcohol at the Magic Kingdom

Biggest news coming down the pike: WDW's Magic Kingdom will no longer be a dry park.

Reactions are mixed.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...w-fantasyland/
    Last edited by Lady_Pigeon; 09-14-2012, 11:32 AM. Reason: Wrong HTML setting

They offer wine and beer with a fancy dinner.

I like what one person said... that having wine or dinner with beer fits in with "clean family setting". It seems that some individuals are having a knee-jerk reaction that it's somehow going to be a beer-stand with people getting sloshed and acting like apes.

Comment

Isn't there a wine bar and an Octoberfest beer parlor at the California Disney? I don't understand why one is (was) dry and the other isn't.
      I vaguely remember my Dad walking around with a beer at Disney when I was a kid, heck he probably needed one (I know I would).

Comment

Its just beer or wine (no hard liquor) at THAT PARTICULAR restaurant and only at Dinner time..and people are still upset?

No imaginations. Id still consider that a mostly dry park, you cant exactly grab a beer and walk to the Tea Cups (imagine that?? Instant vomit. Lol)

Comment

Quoth auntiem View Post
          Isn't there a wine bar and an Octoberfest beer parlor at the California Disney? I don't understand why one is (was) dry and the other isn't.
          I vaguely remember my Dad walking around with a beer at Disney when I was a kid, heck he probably needed one (I know I would).
          Disneyland has always been dry. There's a wine bar at Disney's California Adventure (which opened in 2001), but not an Octoberfest beer parlor.

Comment

Wow. That's a lot of disappointed people.

I think the distinction to be made here is that alcohol is being served in the Magic Kingdom of Disneyworld. Other areas of Disneyworld have been serving libations of various types for years now. (Downtown Disney and Epcot for sure, don't remember if Hollywood Studios did.) I had a couple of decent beers in the beer garden (AFTER the 'Mission Space' ride, thank Dog!) and the wife and I both did a flight of Aussie wines at a seminar/tasting.

Somehow, we managed to not go raping, pillaging, vomiting, or generally scaring small children.

Comment

Working...
            X