X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC tees off on his cable company via twitter

http://thebillfold.com/2013/02/richa...-warner-cable/

I don't think all the nastiness was necessary, but I do share his frustration over the lack of anything resembling a coherent reply from the TWC account. It seems obvious the person at that account is overseas (poor English in the tweets) and is doing little more than following a standard procedure (trying to get account info).

I'd say fail on both sides of this one.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

indeed. i would think twitter isn't the best way to contact a help desk but... i guess that's what some people do?

Comment

Actually for some companies twitter is a great way to get some help quickly these days.
      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

nope sorry, totally with TWC, 0 proof his name is actually richard lawson, not to mention how many different richard lawsons there are. They have rules on what they are and are not allowed to do without validating the account, they asked a simple request that they should be asking and it was very clear.

I used to work for homephone billing and if I didn't validate the account properly more than once I'd get fired, no appeal, nothing. People would fight tooth and nail on validating and not understand why I wouldn't just let them have access to any account they asked for.

Further they have how many customers and they are just supposed to auto sense when your specific dvr in your home and there's no way to monitor is broken?

You know who this guy is? he's the one refusing to show his driver's license when buying booze, because of the principle of the matter.
        Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
        Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Not familiar with TWC, but I see no suck on the CSR's part. None.

It is not sucky to make a person prove they actually are who they say they are. Many companies are hardcore on that. No, your Twitter handle is not proper verification.

The CSR seemed perfectly willing and able to help, but Richard probably thought he was being clever and would bring down the wrath of his followers on TWC. All he did was make himself look like the tool he probably is in real life.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I'll say this about TWC....Free HD channels. That is all.

Comment

I can understand being iffy about giving account information over twitter... I personally don't consider it to be as 'secure' as I would like. Technically Twitter themselves could access the Direct Messages, or if they get hacked then TWC's private DMs could be read as well... so there's a possibility that the account information could be compromised.

However that's also why I wouldn't contact them for help via twitter in the first place. I would do one of the following instead:
              1) Call them up
              2) Go online to a chat through the company page
              3) Go to the local office to talk to them in person

So the guy could have done any one of the following.

If he CHOSE to demand they touch his account without proof that it's really him... then hmm. Anyone could make up a fake twitter, claim to be him etc and have his account messed with.
              Last edited by PepperElf; 02-27-2013, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Quoth dendawg View Post
                I'll say this about TWC....Free HD channels. That is all.
                Yet their OnDemand prime time shows don't always work when you want to watch them.

Or at least that was just ONE of the issues we had with the service 2 years ago when we last had cable. Not to mention having to return a receiver not once but TWICE in 2 months b/c they stopped holding their channel programming and the reps couldn't get them to remotely re-program (tv in the kitchen it was.)

Not long after the 2nd receiver swap out was when my Mom called FishTV and signed up.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                  The CSR seemed perfectly willing and able to help, but Richard probably thought he was being clever and would bring down the wrath of his followers on TWC. All he did was make himself look like the tool he probably is in real life.
                  And what kind of tool is he in real life? Foam rubber hammer? Mild steel chisel?
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                    And what kind of tool is he in real life? Foam rubber hammer? Mild steel chisel?
                    Nah, those are useful. We need something that fits him better.
                    I AM the evil bastard!
                    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I've had companies respond to a couple of my Twitters with requests for more information on what happened. Used well, Twitter can be a great tool for finding out what customers are dissatisfied with in a timely manner.

TWC has someone monitoring Twitter for this reason. Person tries to reach out to the customer and gets mocked? Yeah - I'm seeing some suckiness, and it's not on TWC's side.

Comment

Working...
                      X