This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Mother Nature,

How much more snow are you going to be sending?

I have to go and get birthday presents! I hope the birthday party is still on!

Rummy
    ---------------------------
    Dear Self,

Why did you decide to do a snow angel in powdery snow?

You couldn't get back up!

But at least the warm bath was nice.

Rummy
    -------------------------------------
    Dear Straight No Chaser,

You are awesome!

Please put out more CDs.

Happily listening,
    Rummy

Comment

• Dear Me:

Why on Earth did you think it was a good idea to volunteer to host a panel at an anime convention? You're not exactly a great public speaker...

Confusedly,

Me

Dear Masamune Shirow:

I like your techno-philosophical-cheesecake style, but am not so hot on the weird erotic art.

Sincerely,

Ana
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Dear NFL:

Where did you dig up the refs from the 1972 Munich Olympics USA-USSR basketball game, and why did you assign them to the Packers-Steelers game this afternoon?

I can't believe I spent three and a half hours of my life watching the Packers play their asses off and almost win a game they shouldn't have, only to have the refs swoop in and take it away. The illegal contact penalty on the interception that would've ended it? Complete horseshit.

Next week let's shoot for refs who aren't blind, stupid or on the take.

No love but much sincerity,
        Irv
        ================================================== ==============
        Dear Mason Crosby,

Of course, if you would've made an easy field goal today, I would not be complaining about the refs because they would not have mattered.

You suck. But at least I won't have you to curse out for too much longer.

Irv
        ================================================== ==============

Dear Sports Gods,

Once again, you've shown me sports are a metaphor for life, and life is inherently unfair. But FFS, can't you be unfair in my favor once in a while?

Irv
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

• Dear Rummy,

...Can I steal your snow?

--RP
          1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
          -----
          http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

• Dear RP,

You are more than welcome to my snow!

I'm already experiencing cabin fever.

Shoveling snow your way,
            Rummy
            -------------------------------
            Dear Child Rum,

Mommy is glad you got rid of the mucus that has been causing your nose to run and you to cough. However, I have been trying in vain to get you to blow your nose! No snorting it back up and down! Then of course it goes into your tummy and then you get sick (aka puke).

At least your tummy doesn't hurt any more and your nose isn't as stuffy anymore.

:hugs:
            Mommy
            ---------------------------------
            Dear Father of the Year (aka Mr. Rum),

At least Child Rum ran to the bathroom to puke instead of doing it all over the dining room table!

Do not yell at her because she didn't get the lid up before she puked all over the floor. She's a 6-year-old Autistic child. What do you expect from her?

and no noogie for at least a month,
            Mrs. Rum

Comment

• Rummy,

Even some adults have trouble with puke control. It doesn't always telegraph what it's gonna do or when. You just..do your best, and hope a lot.

*offers hugs to Rummy and offers gentle hugs to ChildRum*

--RP

Mr Rum,

That's a terrible thing to get screamy about, sir. I'd feel horrid and I'm 29.

--RP

edit:
              Rummy,

*steals all your snow!* *hands you gummi bears*

--RP
              Last edited by RootedPhoenix; 12-21-2009, 02:03 AM. Reason: added another letter.
              1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
              -----
              http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

• RP,

Gummi Bears! Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!

I love me some gummi bears!

Happily giving up her snow,
                Rummy

Comment

• Dear Life

Fuck off. I hate this time of year, and I'm spending it alone. I miss TTO, I miss TBS, I miss SWMBO and DWMBO. I miss my MIL and it sucks that she's gone, and I hate that she will never be at our wedding, or bounce her grandchildren on her knee.
                  I hate that at this time of year I'm reminded of all the people I've lost. I hate that I hate this time of year because it's meant to be joyful.
                  I hate that I'm probably just grumpy because I'm functioning on 5 or less hours of sleep per night, because I can't fall asleep that easily without TTO.
                  Gah. I hate that a friend has invited me to Christmas lunch tomorrow, and I really just want to make an excuse and not go, but she'd never let me get away with it.
                  I just want a corner to curl up in.

Had it, had it, HAD IT
                  Rads
                  The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

• Dear Rads,

-be
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• Dear Landlords,

Thank you for bugging out on me before I could get to the office to retrieve the package that is there with my name on it. I know it's Christmas Eve, but why in the world would you lock up at 2 p.m. and not notify your tenants in advance? Now I have to wait until MONDAY to open gifts from my family, instead of Christmas Day like the rest of the city.

Best,

Mike
                      "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

• Dear Fellow CSers;

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

--Jack
                        Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 12-28-2009, 02:23 PM. Reason: Deleted info that didn't need to be public.
                        "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
                        --StanFlouride

Comment

• Dear Child Rum,

I have no clue why you're so excited to see GrandmaNotaRum (aka my MIL). I know what she's getting you. You're not going to be excited at all.

Grumpily,
                          Your Mommy
                          --------------------------------------
                          Dear Mr. Rum,

Thank you for the Christmas Presents! They are completely Awesome!

I know I don't say this often enough, but I really do love you.

Mrs. Rum
                          ----------------------------------------------
                          Dear Christmas Ham,

You are even more delicious the next day!

I'll be thinking of you as I eat my MIL's cooking.

Dreaming of other food,
                          Rummy
                          Last edited by CaroPhoenix; 12-26-2009, 12:30 PM.

Comment

• Dear MIL,

THANK YOU for saying that Child Rum is so skinny! That really made my morning yesterday.

THANK YOU also for agreeing with me that my mother has a few screws loose in her head when I told you that she thinks Child Rum is "stocky", "solid", and "could lose a a few pounds".

Your grateful DIL (for once),
                            Rummy
                            -----------------------------------
                            Mr. Rum,

You are an asshat of the biggest order.

I slept on a horrible, horrible, horrible bed just to please you about spending the night at your mother's house. Then you had me traipse around the Super Target on the way home.

You know even if I do get to sleep in our nice bed, I have problems with walking.

Yes, I know I''m fat. Yes, I know I don't go out and get exercise "when I should". But that doesn't mean you can call me and the situation I've found myself in to be "pathetic".

I told you the next time we're in Super Target, and they're available, I might have to learn how to steer a scooter with a basket on it. How is that "pathetic"? I know I have to lose weight and see a physical therapist like my doctor told me to.

However, when your wife is barely moving her legs to walk, and tells you that all she wants to do is CRAWL to the nearest exit because walking is too much for her, that is NOT your cue to stop every few feet to look at more 50% off christmas stuff!

Hating you right now,
                            Mrs. Rum

Comment

• Dear FMIL,

I can see your point about both the MOTH© and I coming out to visit in the spring/summer.

However, there's a few reasons why *I* wanted to go out there in a couple of weeks. One, I need a vacation. Badly. I'm getting burned out. Second, I need some time alone. As in, far away. Third, I want to hang out with some friends. Friends the MOTH doesn't know that well. He would insist on coming along, he'd be bored the whole damn time, and then afterwards he'd bitch and moan about how he didn't know anyone and he wasted his time in going. I'd really rather not have to deal with that.

So now I have a choice of (once again) postponing a trip I want to take OR going out there anyway and either finding a place to stay amongst my friends or paying money to rent a motel room.

So stressed out I'm ready to cry,

--me
                              Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• Dear Stupid People,

Go step in front of a fast moving bus. Thank you.

Love Sunset

Comment

Working...
                                X