Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Section 3 (Background and Out of Character)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is perfectly chill. Every party needs a diplomat-type, and it sure as hell ain't Ananda. I mean, look at her recruitment! Not every problem can ought to be solved by C-4
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

• You mean Schlock Mercenary lied to me? NO!
      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• "Ought" implies difference from "can." mwhaha
        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

• Oooh, I like your thinking there
          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Oh. So. General question since we skimmed training entirely. Overall reactions to Kate's powers from your characters. As in, who's bugged when she starts manipulating emotions or seems to know what your thinking (kinda ish. Like generalizations not specifics. yet) without you telling because you've been near her too long?
            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
              That is perfectly chill. Every party needs a diplomat-type, and it sure as hell ain't Ananda. I mean, look at her recruitment! Not every problem can ought to be solved by C-4
              Shadowrun has taught me many things, but first and foremost is this:

If violence is not the answer to your problems, you are simply not using enough of it.
              » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

• Ananda's awkward, but you think that might just be her. She's chill towards pretty much everyone unless they're being an outrageous dickhead or something, and, as mentioned, is perfectly willing to ignore awkwardness and other social ripples. She'd be taken aback/surprised like "blinkblink" sort of thing for a bit, but then really appreciate that you get her drifts more easy than most. In case you've not noticed, she says disjointed things at times, especially when super-awkward, which most people don't follow too well unless they know her very well. Also, the phrase "Explain please?" has probably become very common around Ananda.

Ananda: she doesn't use her powers unless they're in training. Unless anyone asks, she won't say why. As aforementioned, her powers seem schizophrenic at best, but she seems really pleased 99 percent of the time-- when someone gets hurt, she's not pleased, however. (I imagine that's the other 1 percent, injuries) When using her powers, she usually goes for minimal effort/maximum effect.
                EDIT: manipulating Ananda's emotions is... strange. Like when that whole resonance thing was done in our first conversation, she's more likely to ignore her own emotions than most people-- because she's used to doing so. Unless it's a dangerous/potentially dangerous situation, like training. Then she'd be angry-- but like the angry you get in wrestling practice.
                Last edited by teh_blumchenkinder; 03-18-2011, 04:41 AM.

Comment

• Rob is pretty unaware of emotional states and probably loses track of what he has or hasn't said before. He's probably totally oblivious to her powers unless she's causing a major shift in the room's vibe.

Comment

• one of us is thick-skinned emotionally and the other is emotionally tone-deaf.

Comment

• That...might be a very good explanation for why she'd be around those two more often than not.
                      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Hot. I imagine Kate and Ananda are at least friendly towards each other, if not actual friends. Ananda likes friends, and tries to make solid friendships.
                        EDIT: Rob may or may not notice more awkwardness/blushing around him from Ananda-- she at least thinks he's cute. Kate may or may not have asked her about it.

Comment

• Sweet. Oh, and if Ananda is observant enough to catch when Kate's half in her head (like now in game), she does have permission to snap her out of it if she wants.
                          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Ananda is more of the opinion it helps when she is. It's not like she's planning on backstabbing you, nor is it like you know that she dumped paint on the base commander when she was twelve. (It was horrible all around instead of uproariously funny like she and her brother thought it would be.)

Comment

• Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
                              Rob may or may not notice more awkwardness/blushing around him from Ananda-- she at least thinks he's cute. Kate may or may not have asked her about it.
                              Rob's pretty bad with social cues, so he likely hasn't noticed. He's basically as bad as I was a few years ago. I didn't really develop any ability in that until the middle of high school.

Comment

• ... Has anyone thought of codenames? I'm rather proud of Wild Card, even though I literally thought of it as I was typing that post at my measly 30-odd words per minute.
                                EDIT: that's perfectly fine Kabe. She hasn't made moves yet, nor is she planning on it anytime soon. She's hoping to get over the blushy thing soon. It's mostly the hair and how he's a cool dude.

Comment

Working...
                                X