This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer traveling....again

So, last year, I asked about hotels in Chicago. This year we are staying in Atlanta, GA for about 4 days. I really wanted to choose a particular hotel chain as we've had a really great experience with them last year. However, I'm finding that the 3 that are listed as in Atlanta are actually located quite a distance from 3 of the 5 attractions we are planning to visit.

I'm having trouble with locating/learning about their public transportation system. Can anyone that is familiar with that area tell me how far out the public transit system travels? One is located near the 401/285 interchange. The other is off of 402 near the Hartsfield-Jackson Airport. I know we can take the transit system to all of the locations we plan to visit, I'm just curious about whether the bus/subway/trains are located near either hotel. Some walking is not a problem; we actually plan to do quite a bit of that anyway, but what we don't want to do is have to drive and then pay for parking.

I didn't grow up around public transportation so everytime we travel, I have to learn. We didn't get the information on the buses in Chicago until the night before we left town. The trains/subway were fun, especially for 'country folk', but I really don't want to stress getting somewhere. I have found that I am a much happier person if I've gotten it all planned out.

Even good links to the transit system explanations would be good. I'm having trouble finding what I need.

Thanks in advance!

I don't know anything about Atlanta, but google maps has a transit option when you get directions. Maybe that would help?
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Here's a link to the MARTA system. I hope it helps.

http://www.itsmarta.com/
      "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

thanks!
        :0

Comment

You got some time to drop in and say "Hi!" ?

If you want to drop me a PM with specific locations, I can help you plan out your travels. Also can let you know if your hotels are in good locations.
          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
          Save the Ales!
          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
            I don't know anything about Atlanta, but google maps has a transit option when you get directions. Maybe that would help?
            Thanks, ArcticChicken! I had no idea that option existed, but low and behold! It works. I'm hoping I can find the same options on my new smart phone. Still learning to use it. We'll have a GPS unit with us as well, and I did find that it would help direct us to the subway stations when we got turned around. I learn something new everyday!

csquared is working on some places, too.

Thanks for everyone's input. Restaurant recommendations are always welcome. Nothing fancy, we are a family of 4 on a budget.

Comment

Working...
            X