This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mom's surgery is tomorrow.

For those that dont know, my mom was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. Shes had all the diagnostic workups done. Her surgery is scheduled for 0800 tomorrow morning. At this point is a lumpectomy with a axillary lymph node dissection/removal and mediport insertion (for chemo). I just feel like it's come up SO fast. I work til 0700 and plan to make my way upstairs to where she'll be waiting.

She cut her hair in a short, pixie style today. It was a little past her shoulders. She thinks it'll be easier for her when she starts to lose her hair with the chemo (which starts in June), if its shorter. I poked fun at her when I saw her, we laughed. But when I got home, I lost it. It made her look so old. I'd been ok the last few weeks. I guess the surgery just brought all the feelings i thought I had worked out, back to the surface.

Id appreciate good vibes, prayers, white light and more good vibes...etc.

*many hugs*

Sending healing thoughts to your mom and good thoughts to your whole family.
    Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Sending my best thoughts.

Rapscallion

Comment

Sincerely sending good thoughts and prayers to you! A successful operation and a fast recovery to your mom, and a stress-less (as much as possible) day to you.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Good thoughts and prayers. Stay strong.
          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
          Save the Ales!
          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Will be praying for her. Let us know how everything goes. /hugs
            By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Thoughts and prayers heading her and your way.
              "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Good thoughts and wishes for your mom! My aunt and grandmother were both diagnosed about a year ago, so I get it. She'll get through it and it'll be okay!
                Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

*hugs*

Mum has the same pixie cut, she starts chemo tomorrow. Her op went fine and is very neat (I've seen the scar). They are doing mopping up chemo/radio/tablets with her so hopefully she'll get the all clear in a good while.

Hope your Mom's op goes well
                  As soon as I start thinking
                  That I'm sensible and sane
                  The Random Hedgehog comes along
                  And fiddles with my Brain
                  (from card I got)

Comment

She came through well. She's home now. Surgery took approx. 2.5 hours. They inserted a drain for the axillary area. She'll have that in for a week. She's sore and tired. I'm spending the day with her tomorrow. She had a lumpectomy and not a mastectomy. Next step is chemo is approx 4 weeks.

Lady, your mom is in my thoughts! Keep her positive but you guys sound like you got it covered.
                    Last edited by Amina516; 05-01-2013, 01:08 AM.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
                      She came through well. She's home now.
                      What great news! Wishing for speedy recovery!
                      Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Just wanted to let you all know that my mom is doing great. She finally had her drain taken out Friday and she'd basically back to her old self again. She got the pathology report back on Friday and all the margins were clear so shes technically cancer free at the moment. Chemo starts soon. She sees the oncologist sometime this week to set everything up for that. She's nervous but keeping high hopes. Thank you all for your support.
                        Last edited by Amina516; 05-13-2013, 04:03 AM.

Comment

Good! That's awesome news. Glad she's doing well

Comment

It sounds really good. The chemo won't be fun, as you probably know better than I, but it's just something to get through. Her normal life is waiting on the other side.

Comment

Working...
                            X