This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayers, Good Thoughts Whatever you can send my way

As the title says my family needs all those you can spare. My mom who is only 61 had a stroke this afternoon and is currently in the hospital. Sometime today they are going to do an MRI and some kind of thoracic (sp?) scan I cant remember the name of it right now. She has some paralysis but not complete. This is her second stay in less than a year in the hospital she fell in November breaking her hip.

SHE IS HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you everybody for your thoughts and prayers. Mom will start rehab Wednesday. It is really odd seeing my mom so helpless but at least she is home where my dad and I can take care of her.

Also Mods Thank you so much for maintaing this board to keep myself occupied while at the hospital I have be back reading and laughing at some of the old post.
    Last edited by celticgrl; 09-07-2013, 07:27 AM. Reason: Update
    Lay your hands upon me
    Like an angel from above
    Put your arms around me,
    'Cause you're fallin'

Of course. A friend of mine is going through the same thing (her mom has had strokes). It's tough because people don't like to lose their independence.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

You absolutely have my good thoughts coming your way. I hope the scan shows that things aren't as bad as they look.
      "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Gah - hope you get some good luck on this!

Rapscallion

Comment

I hope things go well. Good thoughts going out to you, your mom and your family.

Comment

Thanks everybody. She is currently going through another round of test they havent given us any information on how the MRI or MRA went yesterday. The thoracic test though showed her heart was okay.
            Lay your hands upon me
            Like an angel from above
            Put your arms around me,
            'Cause you're fallin'

Comment

*hugs*

I just... Strokes are awful. Sending prayers.
              1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
              -----
              http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Celt - it sounds like it's getting better. Hugs from me and a bonk from Ivory Kitty
                In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

/hugs
                  Good thoughts coming your way.

Comment

Updated info in original post *HUGS*
                    Lay your hands upon me
                    Like an angel from above
                    Put your arms around me,
                    'Cause you're fallin'

Comment

I somehow missed this, and am late but I hope everything turns out ok. Positive thoughts headed that way.
                      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
                      X