This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep ... apparently WAY back when ...

So this guy comes into our store a few days ago and says, "Wow, I just saw Carrie! It was great!!"

Me: "Oh yeah? How'd it compare with the original?"

Him: "Original? There was an original?"

Me:

I have no words.....

Comment

I'm guessing they also missed "Carrie 2" back in the 90's?
      Thank you for calling Card Services, how may I take your abuse today? ~Headset Hellion

Comment

Quoth Headset Hellion View Post
        I'm guessing they also missed "Carrie 2" back in the 90's?
        No, no one missed that mess.
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

The only Carey I've seen was Joni Mitchell, '75.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

The only Carrey I've seen is Jim Carrey. Though I've heard about the horror movie itself.
            cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Heh. A few years ago, one of those ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT-type shows had a reporter at the premiere of the first MISSION IMPOSSIBLE movie..... who could not fathom why Martin Landau was in attendance.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                No, no one missed that mess.
                That was not a mess . . . that was a disaster!!!

I'm sorry, but there was only ONE Carrie and she was portrayed by Sissy Spacek.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                  That was not a mess . . . that was a disaster!!!

I'm sorry, but there was only ONE Carrie and she was portrayed by Sissy Spacek.
                  I agree with you on the shitty Carrie sequel, but I disagree with you about Sissy Spacek being the only Carrie.

There was a Carrie remake years before this current one that was a made-for-tv-movie, and that was pretty good too. Spacek will always be the Carrie, but this other Carrie deserves a fair mention.
                  my favourite author is neil gaiman. - me
                  it is? I don't like potatoes much. - the chatbot I was talking to

Comment

How old was this person? I don't even watch that many movies and I am at least aware of the original >_>
                    Quoth dalesys View Post
                    The only Carey I've seen was Joni Mitchell, '75.
                    There's always Drew Carey...Or the legendary power ballad, "Carrie on, my wayward son"...
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                      How old was this person? I don't even watch that many movies and I am at least aware of the original >_>

There's always Drew Carey...Or the legendary power ballad, "Carrie on, my wayward son"...
                      My guess would be somewhere in his 30s.

Oh GAWD that was an awful pun ...

Comment

I remember seeing the original when I was 16, it really freaked me out. I'm going to see the remake on Monday.
                        ......../\
                        ....../__\
                        ..../\...../\
                        ../__\../__\

Comment

Don't understand why this one was remade. I saw the original, didn't think it was that good.

Quoth Pixilated View Post
                          So this guy comes into our store a few days ago and says, "Wow, I just saw Carrie! It was great!!"

Me: "Oh yeah? How'd it compare with the original?"

Him: "Original? There was an original?"

Me:
                          I had the same thing when I saw The Dark Knight. I got to chatting with one of the theatre employees, made a reference to comparing Heath Leadger to Jack Nicholson‎'s Joker portrayal from the Tim Burton Batman movie.

Guy had no idea what I was talking about. Thanks for making me feel old
                          Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

Marginally related - what's this about a rumour I heard that Paul McCartney was in another band before Wings?
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Miss Maple Leaf View Post
                              I agree with you on the shitty Carrie sequel, but I disagree with you about Sissy Spacek being the only Carrie.

There was a Carrie remake years before this current one that was a made-for-tv-movie, and that was pretty good too. Spacek will always be the Carrie, but this other Carrie deserves a fair mention.
                              Angela Bettis. Apparently they re-did it to serve as a backdoor pilot into a TV series, but that never came to fruition. Personally, I think that version was a tad more faithful to the book barring the ending, but the way it was done was nicely adapted for a modern setting as well. (for those who haven't seen the telemovie version, they had the ALIVE characters from the prom talking to the police about what had happened and the events played out as flashbacks. Apparently they assumed that those who were watching the movie had read the book)
                              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
                              X