This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth fireheart View Post
    Angela Bettis. Apparently they re-did it to serve as a backdoor pilot into a TV series, but that never came to fruition.
    I'm in a test area for it. It's not bad and looks like at least some of the writers were fans. But I don't think it will make it.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
      Marginally related - what's this about a rumour I heard that Paul McCartney was in another band before Wings?
      Not rumor . . . he was one of The Beatles.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
        ... Paul McCartney was in another band before Wings?
        Yep. The Quarrymen.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Headset Hellion View Post
          I'm guessing they also missed "Carrie 2" back in the 90's?
          Quoth Geek King View Post
          No, no one missed that mess.
          There was no sequel to the original "Carrie."

There was. NO SEQUEL. To the original "Carrie."

Fun fact-- Stephen King himself gave his approval on the original movie, saying it was one of those rare cases where the movie is better than the book that inspired it.

Further fun fact-- Carrie's rampage is far more destructive in the book than in any of the movies. In the movies, she burns down the school, and tears down her house and that's more or less it. In the book, Carrie destroys most of the town.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
            My guess would be somewhere in his 30s.
            Seriously? The original Carrie is so ingrained into pop culture though? how can they not even be aware it exists. I mean, I'm 25 and I never saw the film until after I was 18, but I still KNEW of it.

Also, anyone remember the 2002 made for tv version that was on NBC?
            Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
            Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post

Further fun fact-- Carrie's rampage is far more destructive in the book than in any of the movies. In the movies, she burns down the school, and tears down her house and that's more or less it. In the book, Carrie destroys most of the town.
              In the TV movie, she does destroy parts of the town.
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

In the TV movie, she does destroy parts of the town.
                Death toll in the book-- about 440 people
                Death toll in the movie-- a few dozen people at most
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

The original movie with Spacek was creepy as fuck. The book was scarier still. The remakes? Ho hum. I'm sorry, but there is no way you can make THAT movie for network tv. Well, not if you want it to be any good.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

What do you expect from a TV movie?
                    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Another example of the lower bod rate of screen vs. print.
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

What do you expect from a TV movie?
                        Agreed! I saw a made-for-TV version of Salem's Lot and it was gawdawful. Salem's Lot is my all-time-favourite King book and the crap that came up on the small screen was pretty near sacrilege, LOL. If I hadn't seen the title at the start, I'm not sure I'd ever have guessed what I was watching.

Comment

I've always liked the TV mini-series versions of It and The Stand. Probably the best adaptations you're going to get on TV, and Tim Curry was a freaky-ass Pennywise.

Also, if you haven't seen it, King did the script on a show called Kindom Hospital, which was an Americanization of a show called The Kingdom. I've always loved it, but it didn't get the love on TV that it deserved, and got cut to one season. Highly recommended if you can find it for great characters--even a talking dog at one point.
                          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Also, if you haven't seen it, King did the script on a show called Kindom Hospital, which was an Americanization of a show called The Kingdom. I've always loved it, but it didn't get the love on TV that it deserved, and got cut to one season. Highly recommended if you can find it for great characters--even a talking dog at one point.
                            I loved Kingdom Hospital, but ABC kept changing the time. I missed a lot of it during the original run. But I was able to find and re-watch the show online this past year. I really wish it had gotten more viewers when it was originally on. Plus, I LOVE how King did his cameo.
                            Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                            Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

I've always liked the TV mini-series versions of It and The Stand. Probably the best adaptations you're going to get on TV, and Tim Curry was a freaky-ass Pennywise.

*snip*
                              Damn, I never watched It ... if I'd known Tim Curry was Pennywise I might've changed my mind on that!

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
                                Damn, I never watched It ... if I'd known Tim Curry was Pennywise I might've changed my mind on that!
                                Netflix has it on DVD, and it tends to show up on TV a few times a year. I think it was actually on this past month.
                                Ha, 11:53 am thursday 31 OCT on Spike TV.
                                EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
                                X