Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, it SUCKS outside right now. Total whiteout conditions when I left work, continuing until I, like an idiot, got off the bus at a small grocery store on the route home. You literally could not see anything outside the bus except traffic lights and street lights glowing through the snow. Thank god I only waited about 30 minutes for the bus home.

Blizzard warning now through Wed. 6 AM. We'll see how it looks Tues. morning. Meanwhile, at least we have food, as well as the Big Three Staples: Coffee, chocolate and wine.

Hard to believe it was 90 degrees back in July.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I took yesterday off and was off today. I doubt I'm making it in tomorrow because I still have to shovel my car out. Yeah, going to be just as cold in the morning as it still is now. And that's -13, give or take a few degrees.
      I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
        Tonight, I'm told we have this "polar vortex" to make it colder.
        Be glad you don't have a circumpolar current.

The Southern Ocean is so bitterly cold because there's nothing stopping it from rotating around and around and around antarctica, picking up more and more chill, getting colder and colder.

Contrast with the fact that the northern Pacific and northern Atlantic are distinctly separate oceans, whose currents don't meet until the Southern Ocean. (Tip of South America; or tip of Africa/through the Indian Ocean/past Australia.)

I'm mostly spared the worst of the cold because I'm at a lower latitude; but when the wind comes from the South it's freezing!
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
        X