Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread has been a good reminder for me to be more careful. My time in Alaska is when I tend to let loose and go out to the bars and such but I've realized I'm nowhere near as cautious as I should be. So this is a good wake up call to use some common sense when I'm out at karaoke night or what have you this summer.
    Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

It's for this reason why when I do decide to go out I ask 2 of my guy friends to go with me, we're close enough to consider each other siblings so I know they won't let anyone mess with me. I'm sorry that happened to your friend, I hope the asshole that spiked her drink gets hit by a truck.
      ......../\
      ....../__\
      ..../\...../\
      ../__\../__\

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
        After that I got in trouble once for sneaking out and showing up at her office to walk her home armed with Leonardo's plastic toy katanas.
        Aw, that was very sweet of you to do so, Gravekeeper! And VERY CUTE, too!
        cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Quoth cindybubbles View Post
          Aw, that was very sweet of you to do so, Gravekeeper! And VERY CUTE, too!
          And absolutely reckless. How old were you, GK? I'm guessing 7 or 8.
          Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
          OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
          she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
          Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Quoth Zellie Crescent View Post
            It's for this reason why when I do decide to go out I ask 2 of my guy friends to go with me...
            I'm a huge fan of men and love my male friends but I've found that they just don't really get it. When you ask another woman to watch your drink, she watches your drink. When you ask a man to do it, he stays in the same room with it. It's not their fault, it's just that they live a little differently then we do. Example:

I went to the ATM at the mall once and the man behind me in line didn't use it but followed me. I ducked into the ladies and called my husband who was waiting in the truck, but he wouldn't come in to get me (any of my girlfriends would have come in). I left the ladies and went to the parking lot and the man was following me. I started jogging across the parking lot and was almost sprinting by the time I got in sight of our truck, and the man was running behind me. My husband saw me, got out of our truck, called out to me and started towards me and the man veered off and started walking towards the side parking lot. My husbands take: 'I honestly can't believe someone would do that!' Of course you can't, you're 6'2" and 240lbs!

That's why they don't really get it. But you've got to love them anyways.
            Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Quoth NecessaryCatharsis View Post
              I went to the ATM at the mall once and the man behind me in line didn't use it but followed me.

Wow! How scary. Does your husband take these things a little more seriously now that he's seen that in person?
              Last edited by MadMike; 02-25-2014, 01:14 AM. Reason: Please don't quote the entire post. We've already read it.
              At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

I wouldn't say he ever REALLY got it, but he had a whole lot more respect for my creeper radar after that. Or if he didn't he was more willing to humor me - it's hard to say for sure.
                Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

I had my drink spiked once about 6ish years old, spent the next three days feeling terrible, it was at a bar that was just getting a rep for it and still has the rep (and the drink spiking, a friend of my mum's daughter got hers spiked there last week).

I had been drinking a bit that night but I don't normally get that drunk that way (tend to get really sleepy rather then repetitive and giggly.) Called my b/f because I didn't feel good and wanted him with me. Came quickly and walked me to his flat (about 5/10 mins away) He said later that I was acting oddly and that he had never seen me that drunk, but when my temp dropped so badly that he put me in the shower to warm me up he called medical help and my mother. Got advice from medical people who said if I got any worse to take me to hospital but if I responded to advice let me rest and get it out of my system. The one thing that stood out was that I had drunk the last of my wine and thought it tasted funny (salty), but put it down to the atmosphere (cigarette smoke pre ban).
                  Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

That's what my friend said...that her drink just tasted "off" and looked a little bit different. The girl code is in full force, and when any one of us says that we're not comfortable someplace, we all leave, no matter what. Things could have been a lot worse if she'd consumed the entire beer. One of the weird things is that this particular bar wouldn't have been one I'd have thought something like this would have happened at, but I guess it can happen anywhere. My friend felt like hell for about two days. Today she seems to be a lot better, but the weekend was a little rough.

I'm glad your b/f was there for you, Bardmaiden.
                    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

I'm a huge fan of men and love my male friends but I've found that they just don't really get it
                      Sad but true. Guys, this is a part of every woman's life. Always. When you're out somewhere alone and you hear footsteps behind you, your first thought is probably "It might be a mugger." My first thought is, sadly, "Potential rapist."

I try not to be paranoid or overly imaginative, but I've learned that creep radar is a very real thing. ALWAYS trust your gut.

Mathnerd, I'm glad your friend is all right.
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Bardmaiden View Post
                        Called my b/f because I didn't feel good and wanted him with me. Came quickly and walked me to his flat (about 5/10 mins away)
                        Your BF operates the same way I do, Barmaiden, and I have alot of respect for him doing that no questions asked (as I read it).
                        "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
                        Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
                          The girl code is in full force, and when any one of us says that we're not comfortable someplace, we all leave, no matter what.
                          Good! Glad that you all have each others' backs. That was a hella harsh lesson to learn, and it could've been so much worse.
                          Quoth MoonCat View Post
                          Sad but true. Guys, this is a part of every woman's life. Always. When you're out somewhere alone and you hear footsteps behind you, your first thought is probably "It might be a mugger." My first thought is, sadly, "Potential rapist."
                          The Gift Of Fear. It's been mentioned on here before, but this book is recommended reading. Very highly recommended.
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                            Potential rapist who may well ALSO take your wallet. Why not? It's not like they care about their victims.
                            Seshat's self-help guide:
                            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I hate that shit like this happens, but I honestly hope that one day I actually see a guy doing this to someone. I hope I actually see some guy put some drugs in a girl's drink. Preferably a friend of mine.

"And that, Officer, is why you had to call the EMTs."

Quoth mathnerd View Post
                              ...have I mentioned the bartender is HOT?
                              So that would make him, what, the second hottest bartender you know?

Quoth Victory Sabre View Post
                              Sickos like that make things so much tougher on legit single guys looking for some special lady.
                              No shit. It's tough enough meeting women worth a damn, without assholes like that making every move you make, even as innocuous as smiling at a woman, putting her on edge and making me, in her mind, seem like a creeper.

Quoth Zellie Crescent View Post
                              I'm sorry that happened to your friend, I hope the asshole that spiked her drink gets hit by a truck.
                              Not me. I like trucks, and wouldn't wish that kind of damage on one. Me, I hope the asshole gets stuck in some quick-drying cement and then run over by a steamroller. (Bonus points for the reference....)

Quoth NecessaryCatharsis View Post
                              I'm a huge fan of men and love my male friends but I've found that they just don't really get it. When you ask another woman to watch your drink, she watches your drink. When you ask a man to do it, he stays in the same room with it. It's not their fault, it's just that they live a little differently then we do.
                              Most don't get it. Some of them do. A female friend of mine asks me to watch her drink, that drink is watched better than an Israeli airport security checkpoint.

Quoth mathnerd View Post
                              One of the weird things is that this particular bar wouldn't have been one I'd have thought something like this would have happened at, but I guess it can happen anywhere.
                              Yes. IT CAN HAPPEN ANYWHERE. No matter how awesome or nice or high end the bar may be, creepy assholes can go or be anywhere. So remember, ladies....IT CAN HAPPEN ANYWHERE.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                              Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                                I hate that shit like this happens, but I honestly hope that one day I actually see a guy doing this to someone. I hope I actually see some guy put some drugs in a girl's drink. Preferably a friend of mine.

"And that, Officer, is why you had to call the EMTs."
                                I would not want to be there if that ever happens. Hell, I can imagine if you were here this weekend, we'd have been dealing with bailing you out of jail as well as a sick friend.

Quoth Jester View Post
                                So that would make him, what, the second hottest bartender you know?
                                Yup, the bartender at my favorite hangout in Miami still ranks as #1. You'll have to settle for third.
                                Last edited by mathnerd; 02-25-2014, 02:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X