This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jester View Post
    Yes. IT CAN HAPPEN ANYWHERE. No matter how awesome or nice or high end the bar may be, creepy assholes can go or be anywhere. So remember, ladies....IT CAN HAPPEN ANYWHERE.
    Sadly, it could even happen in Jester's bar.

.... which would make Jester a VERY unhappy and angry (at the criminal) Jester. But it could still happen even in a place where the bartender is as good as Jester.

Once he is not personally holding your drink, he can't control what happens to it. Between when he pours it and when he gives it to you, it's perfectly fine. After that - well. The Bar has lots of people in it. And not all of them are Good People.
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
      Yup, the bartender at my favorite hangout in Miami still ranks as #1. You'll have to settle for third.
      If Jester was #9, it'd be "Incoming, Che!"
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

3 is the square root of 9. There's a math joke in here somewhere, but I'm too tired to think...
        At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
          I would not want to be there if that ever happens. Hell, I can imagine if you were here this weekend, we'd have been dealing with bailing you out of jail as well as a sick friend.
          Not necessarily. I'm pretty sure that if I had been there, and explained the situation to the responding cops, I would have at most been detained for questioning as they built a case against the drink doper.

Quoth mathnerd View Post
          Yup, the bartender at my favorite hangout in Miami still ranks as #1. You'll have to settle for third.
          I never settle for third. Never have, never will.

Quoth Seshat View Post
          Sadly, it could even happen in Jester's bar.
          I'll repeat my earlier comment: IT CAN HAPPEN ANYWHERE. My bar is not immune to that, though as far as I know, it never has happened at my bar. But no bar is immune. None. Douchebags like this exist in all walks of life, in all races, in all socioeconomic classes, in both genders, in all sexual orientations, in big cities and small tons, urban and rural, warm and cold, vacation destinations and college towns, dive bars and swanky clubs.

It. Can. Happen. Anywhere.

Quoth Seshat View Post
          .... which would make Jester a VERY unhappy and angry (at the criminal) Jester. But it could still happen even in a place where the bartender is as good as Jester.
          See my comments above.

As for how angry I'd be? Honestly, probably the safest place anyone can pull this shit and have me witness it would actually BE in my bar, as in any other place, I wouldn't have to worry about my actions getting me fired.

The worst place? Any place where they tried it with a close friend, a girlfriend, or one of my nieces. Not that I don't care about the welfare and safety of my customers. I do. But fuck with my loved ones? Satan himself has never seen such hell as would rain down on someone who did that. Odds are they'd get Samuel L. Jackson to narrate the movie they'd make about it.

Quoth dalesys View Post
          If Jester was #9, it'd be "Incoming, Che!"
          I....honestly don't get the joke here.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            Not necessarily. I'm pretty sure that if I had been there, and explained the situation to the responding cops, I would have at most been detained for questioning as they built a case against the drink doper.
            Fair point.

Quoth Jester View Post
            I never settle for third. Never have, never will.
            You're still my favorite bartender, even if you lack the height of the other two. I can't help it, I'm a sucker for somebody over six and a half feet tall.

Quoth Jester View Post
            The worst place? Any place where they tried it with a close friend, a girlfriend, or one of my nieces. Not that I don't care about the welfare and safety of my customers. I do. But fuck with my loved ones? Satan himself has never seen such hell as would rain down on someone who did that. Odds are they'd get Samuel L. Jackson to narrate the movie they'd make about it.
            And this is why I miss drinking with you. You're one of a very small number of men I feel completely and totally safe getting smashed with. To be honest, if you HAD been there, it probably wouldn't have happened at all. We all let our guards down that night. It's not a mistake I've ever made before, and one that won't happen again. Not with me, and not with my friends.
            At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
              Not me. I like trucks, and wouldn't wish that kind of damage on one. Me, I hope the asshole gets stuck in some quick-drying cement and then run over by a steamroller. (Bonus points for the reference....)
              "It's K-K-K-Ken c-c-c-c-come to k-k-k-kill me!"
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Had this happen at an event by mistake. Someone I vaguely know puts 2 drinks down on the table and nudges me as if one is for me. I think 'yeah right...'

So I reach over for MY drink (the one I bought, not his) and get the wrong one... it tastes weird and I realise its cider and I put it down after 1 sip... a few hours later and I'm barely standing, vision swaying.... Go to the bathroom and there is about a 4hr gap between then and knowing I've been very ill and I vaguely remember paramedics talking to me and me somehow assuring them and hubby I can just sleep it off.

I've never been sure if it was meant to be his drink or if he did mean it to be for me. But from what I do remember we traced it as Ecstasy or another party drug. My body had actually rejected it due to me having body temperature issues so as soon as it started working and shot my temperature up reacted and removed it.

Back to the original subject a bit more: I have a rule. NO ONE mixes drinks for me if I'm not watching. Very occasionally in a bar/pub I will allow my *very* close friends to get a drink for me that is alcoholic but only once I trust they won't 'be nice and add a surprise' and will watch them damn carefully. I also rarely leave a drink on a table unless I can trust the person to that same level. And I'll normally make eye contact and touch the glass when saying "I'm going to the loo" or whatever. Same as you kinda do with a handbag etc?
                I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

I don't drink alcoholic drinks anymore, due to my medications.

If I went to a specialty bar like Jester's, I might have a few tasters of some very special, uniquely-flavoured drinks. Experiences you cannot have without the alcohol. But I'd need to have eaten, and have a glass of water or some such.

If someone spiked my drinks - even 'just' with alcohol - it could cause my death. I'm serious. It might be a small chance, depending on what they spiked it with. But I'm taking nearly the maximum safe dosage of one of my drugs, and it interacts BADLY with alcohol. Mix in the other six drugs I take daily, add alcohol, stir, and who knows what would happen?
                  Seshat's self-help guide:
                  1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                  2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                  3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                  4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
                    You're still my favorite bartender, even if you lack the height of the other two. I can't help it, I'm a sucker for somebody over six and a half feet tall.
                    Ahem. My ego is FAR taller than that.

Quoth Seshat View Post
                    If I went to a specialty bar like Jester's, I might have a few tasters of some very special, uniquely-flavoured drinks. Experiences you cannot have without the alcohol.

If someone spiked my drinks - even 'just' with alcohol - it could cause my death.
                    All that being said, I'd thank you to NOT drink at my bar, please.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                      Ahem. My ego is FAR taller than that.
                      You know I adore you. Ya don't need to fish for an ego boost. Besides, we all know that your most attractive quality is your understated ego.

Comment

Quoth ApolloSZ View Post
                        Your BF operates the same way I do, Bardmaiden, and I have alot of respect for him doing that no questions asked (as I read it).
                        If I call and I want him there and he is able to get to me he will move heaven and earth to do so He is a good man, so I'm marrying him
                        Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
                          I can't help it, I'm a sucker for somebody over six and a half feet tall.
                          I'm six foot eight
                          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                            I'm six foot eight
                            One of the few I know who is taller than my other half he is six foot seven
                            Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                              I'm six foot eight
                              Now, if you tell me you're also bald and wear geeky wire rimmed glasses, we may just have to talk.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                                Odds are they'd get Samuel L. Jackson to narrate the movie they'd make about it.
                                I think it'd be more entertaining with Morgan Freeman narrating. "So, here's this little douchebag who had just spiked my friend's drink, and now he was going to get such a beatdown... my, my."
                                Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                                OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                                she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                                Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Working...
                                X