This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Seshat View Post
    If someone spiked my drinks - even 'just' with alcohol - it could cause my death. I'm serious. It might be a small chance, depending on what they spiked it with. But I'm taking nearly the maximum safe dosage of one of my drugs, and it interacts BADLY with alcohol. Mix in the other six drugs I take daily, add alcohol, stir, and who knows what would happen?
    Ditto - us overmedicated types can even need to be careful about food - grapefruit can potentiate us to death [my father in law didn't get warned about grapefruit and something he is on started doing evil things with his liver so now he only has about 2/3 function.] Rob is on statins but I am not, and I asked my pharm if anything I was on prevents me from grapefruit and I am lucky enough to not have to worry about it.

I do have food allergies, which is how I discovered that someone decided to prove I wasn't allergic to mushrooms ... when I had to break out the epipen and go for an ambulance ride.
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
      Now, if you tell me you're also bald and wear geeky wire rimmed glasses, we may just have to talk.
      Full head of hair (much to my fathers annoyance) as I'm only 30 but I do wear similar glasses, so 50% isn't too bad!
      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

See, other than the height thing, that's Jester's problem as well. Too much hair. Well, that and being too short. He does have the glasses though.

And by my count you're up to 66.7%. Tall and glasses, just not bald.
        At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
          I do have food allergies, which is how I discovered that someone decided to prove I wasn't allergic to mushrooms ... when I had to break out the epipen and go for an ambulance ride.
          Now this I have far too much experience with. I've been hauled out of several bars and restaurants due to accidental exposure. As far as I know, though, nobody's ever tried to intentionally expose me to "prove" me wrong. I'm also pretty sure that the staff at the places where it's happened will never, ever take allergies lightly again. I've never actually seen it myself, but I've been told it's pretty scary to watch.
          At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            All that being said, I'd thank you to NOT drink at my bar, please.
            Awww. Alright. But can I have a cola? Just plain non-alcoholic cola. And a chat. When you're off work and/or not busy.

Ditto - us overmedicated types can even need to be careful about food - grapefruit can potentiate us to death
            <snip>
            I've discovered a food allergy to additive .. uh .. 160b. Annatto. Breaks me out in hives. Wheee.
            Yellow or red foods may have it. It's also common in lipsticks and moisturisers.

Quoth mathnerd View Post
            I've never actually seen it myself, but I've been told it's pretty scary to watch.
            I'm sure it is.
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
              Awww. Alright. But can I have a cola? Just plain non-alcoholic cola. And a chat. When you're off work and/or not busy.
              I hear this rumor that he makes some fantastic non-alcoholic concoctions. I wouldn't know, as I'm generally too busy drinking beer to find out.

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
                I've never actually seen it myself, but I've been told it's pretty scary to watch.
                Yes, yes indeed. Anaphalaxis is absolutely terrifying for the bystander, especially if it's someone you care about.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                  Full head of hair ...
                  Nair in the shower head instead of blue RIT.
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

If I ever have a family member with that anaphylaxis reaction, I always tell myself. I will NEVER forget the epipen.

I have heard WAY too many stories about deaths or near-deaths to do that.
                    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
                      I think it'd be more entertaining with Morgan Freeman narrating. "So, here's this little douchebag who had just spiked my friend's drink, and now he was going to get such a beatdown... my, my."
                      Originally I was going to say you were so very wrong....but then I heard Freeman's voice in my head. And I realized that you may very very well have a point. But I do think that Samuel L. should still figure in the movie. Perhaps dropping the infamous Ezekiel speech into the appropriate moment.

Sticking with freeman, though, if he was going to be narrating my story, it would probably go something more like this (remember, read this in Freeman's voice):

"Watch this fellow. No, not him...him. The one in the mauve shirt and the way-too-cool hairstyle. I know what you're thinking....he looks harmless, even kinda cool. The kinda guy you'd like to hang out with. But watch what he does right....here. See that? No? Let me rewind it for you. Riiiight.....there. Yes, that seemingly cool fellow just spiked that drink. Fortunately for him, it was so subtle that most people wouldn't have noticed it. Unfortunately for him, Jester is not most people. And most unfortunately for him, that drink belongs to a very good friend of Jester's. And that poor fellow simply has no idea of the beat down he's about to receive. My, my..."

Quoth mathnerd View Post
                      See, other than the height thing, that's Jester's problem as well. Too much hair. Well, that and being too short. He does have the glasses though.
                      Both of us can change the hair thing by shaving our head. I won't, of course, but Crazylegs might. The height thing, though, is beyond my power to change.

Quoth mathnerd View Post
                      I've been hauled out of several bars and restaurants due to accidental exposure.

Quoth Seshat View Post
                      I'm sure it is.
                      I have. It is.

Quoth Seshat View Post
                      Absolutely. Just don't want you trying something in my bar just to try it and suddenly keeling over or anything.

Quoth mathnerd View Post
                      I hear this rumor that he makes some fantastic non-alcoholic concoctions.
                      Pure rumor. My specialties are fantastic ALCOHOLIC concoctions.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                        If I ever have a family member with that anaphylaxis reaction, I always tell myself. I will NEVER forget the epipen.

I have heard WAY too many stories about deaths or near-deaths to do that.
                        2 pens in my messenger bag, one in Rob's coat, one in Phlip's messenger bag, one in the kitchen, one in the bedside stand.
                        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

You may want to put one in the bathroom cabinet too, if feasible?
                          Last edited by Tama; 02-26-2014, 03:11 AM.
                          My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                            Both of us can change the hair thing by shaving our head. I won't, of course, but Crazylegs might. The height thing, though, is beyond my power to change.
                            I believe we've had this conversation before. And thank you for having no intention of shaving your head. While in general I'm attracted to bald men, I think you would look silly with a shaved head.

Quoth Jester View Post
                            I have. It is.
                            Sorry about that.

Quoth Jester View Post
                            Pure rumor. My specialties are fantastic ALCOHOLIC concoctions.
                            If I recall correctly, you are the source of that rumor.

2 pens in my messenger bag, one in Rob's coat, one in Phlip's messenger bag, one in the kitchen, one in the bedside stand.
                            Holy Cow! There's a person out there that carries more than I do???? Most of my reactions take 2-4 doses of epi, along with other drugs administered by paramedics and hospital staff to get under control. The one Jester saw was "mild", and that took two self-administered pens, another dose in the ambulance, 100mg of Benadryll, oxygen with albuterol and solumedrol (also in the ambulance), and another dose of epi and solumedrol, plus prednisone in the hospital itself. What makes it "mild to moderate", was that I avoided getting intubated that night and managed to get released in only a couple hours.

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
                              While in general I'm attracted to bald men, I think you would look silly with a shaved head.
                              I'm a short skinny white guy.

DUH.

Quoth mathnerd View Post
                              If I recall correctly, you are the source of that rumor.
                              I highly doubt that.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                              Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                                I highly doubt that.
                                On FB status, you stated to two of my friends (one who's pregnant and one who just had a liver transplant), that you make excellent virgin cocktails. So there.

Comment

Working...
                                X