This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to fold laundry

Step 1: Remove warm dry laundry from dryer and place basket on the floor next to the couch.

Step 2: Kick dachshund #1 and #2 from the couch.

Step 3: Eject cat from basket of warm laundry

Step 4. Pick up an item of clothing, fold it, place it on the couch.

Step 5: Eject cat from basket of warm laundry.

Step 6: Chase down Jack Russel mix who's made off with previously folded laundry.

Step 7: Eject cat from basket of warm laundry

Step 8: Fold several items and place in pile on couch.

Step 9: Eject cat from basket of warm laundry

Step 10: Retrieve basket from the Mastiff who's stolen it.

Step 11: Eject cat from the top of the folded laundry pile.

Step 12: Pick up and refold previously folded clothes after the dachshunds knocked it over.

Step 13: Eject cat from basket of warm laundry

Step 14: Retrieve previously folded clothes from the Jack Russel who's stolen them and tried to make a den out of them.

Step 15: Give up, shove everything back into the basket and toss basket into the bedroom.

Step 16: Close bedroom door and pour a shot of rum.
    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

"fold laundry" - this is some strange ritual performed by people who actually use wardrobes, right? Rather than baskets of vaguely-sorted wrinkle-proof clothing?
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

F...."fold" ??? What is this strange word? It sounds like you're doing something to the clothes after you get them out of the dryer, but I'm not quite sure what you mean. >_>

Next you're going to tell me that you need to put the clothes into some other type of magic box before that, when we all know very well that "Warm Equals Clean"...
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Wait, there's a step between "clean" and "wearing"? My mind. She is blown.
        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Then you have this method for folding shirts.

(yes, I do use it myself and it works beautifully.
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

YES the cats DO love that warm just out of the dryer clothes.

My now dog just lazily looks at me when I do laundry. Like "aaaaaa NOT worth the effort. BUT you took my spot on the couch AND I can not sleep in my favorite spot on the floor"
            Last edited by Racket_Man; 02-24-2014, 04:54 AM.
            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I bought the foldy thing Sheldon from the Big Bang theory has, but... Sadly.... It doesn't work... Without human input... *sighs*.... My couch is so messy. We only have one dog. And he only steals socks.

Comment

Mathnerd, please don't take our responses badly. Your writing style is delightful, and the process you described had me grinning and imagining the scenario.

Frustrating to live through, I'm sure. But amusing in retrospect, and part of the delight of living with many-animals.
                Seshat's self-help guide:
                1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

One of my cats would jump back in to the hamper I put the freshly dried clothes in. I felt bad when I had to remove her so I could ya know use the clothes.
                  I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Step 17: Secure pets in old clothing, hang on clothesline.
                    Step 18: Redo laundry in peace.
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                      Mathnerd, please don't take our responses badly. Your writing style is delightful, and the process you described had me grinning and imagining the scenario.

Frustrating to live through, I'm sure. But amusing in retrospect, and part of the delight of living with many-animals.
                      Oh, goodness no! I've been grinning ear to ear at the responses.

And if I wasn't living in such tight quarters, I'd be one of those that says "fold? What's that?"
                      At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Our 12 y.o. calico likes to "help" when it comes to laundry--especially fresh from the dryer.
                        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                          Our 12 y.o. calico likes to "help" when it comes to laundry--especially fresh from the dryer.
                          I didn't mention the "help" before the clothes got out of the dryer. The younger of the two dachshunds* is well known for stealing women's panties out of the dirty clothes. Not sure why he goes for just those, but I've had to chase after him a time or two for it.

*Note: I currently live in somebody else's house. The dachshunds and the cat belong to the homeowner. The mastiff and the Jack Russel mix are mine.

Comment

My dog will sometimes help when I'm gathering up laundry to go to the laundromat. This usually consists of grabbing a random t-shirt out of the basket and racing around the living room. She's not so bad now, but when she was younger she liked going after my bras. Nothing like having one my husband's friends over and having the dog drag one of my bras in with this 'Hi, Mommy! Look what I've got!' expression on her face.
                            Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

I have to eject my cats from the fresh laundry out of the basket too The top piece of clothing always has cat hair on it...sigh.
                              https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                              Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Working...
                              X