• Show
Clear All

Quoth Jester View Post
    Then there's the Jester Method for Doing Laundry:

1. ...
    74. ...
    Where's "##. Found remote." ?
    Curious Strange minds want to know.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Jester, your posts reminded me entirely too much of this. ^_^

I will confess, however, that my own metric for "When is it time to do laundry?" is whenever I run out of usable socks or *ahem* drawers, as we called them back home.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Good grief, I don't think I could come up with 15 loads worth even if I gathered up everything in this house that's even remotely machine washable. Jester, I'm... um... impressed is the word I think I'll go with.

Our laundry hamper holds about 2 loads worth of clothes. When it gets full, it's time to do laundry. This means once or twice a week. I hate hate hate doing laundry. Seriously. I'd rather clean a cat box. Less painful and over more quickly.

And yes, Jester, did you ever find the remote?
        You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
          The younger of the two dachshunds* is well known for stealing women's panties out of the dirty clothes. Not sure why he goes for just those, but I've had to chase after him a time or two for it.
          Does the canine kleptomaniac do this more often "mid-cycle" than at other times of the month? Is he "intact" (i.e. not neutered)? If so, he might be attracted by "in season" pheremones. His reaction would be somewhat "detuned" due to the owner of the clothing being of the wrong species, but it's a possibility.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Wolfie, the dog in question is fixed, but that thought did cross my mind.
            At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post

12. Realize that you have FIFTEEN LOADS OF LAUNDRY.

13. Hang head in shame.
              I kind of did a 'meh' at this point when I read through. I mean, I can wear 2 loads of laundry as an outfit, I need so many clothes to keep warm all day to work when it's minus freaking 39 out. 15 loads could be a week and half's worth of clothes. But then I realized, you live where it is hot out, all the time. How much clothes could this be? Month and a half worth? More? Colour me impressed.
              Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

You and I may well have different definitions of a load. Or not.

However, my loads were big, filled the big machines at the laundromat, and the final result was staggering. Also, while I do not have enough underwear, socks, or shorts for a month and a half, I have enough t-shirts that I could wear a different one, no exaggeration, every day for over a year.

And....I have a picture. This is what the end result looked like when I was done at the laundromat. Two things to note about this picture: most of the hanging shirts are actually doubled up, as I ran out of hangers, and there is a big bag below the hanging shirts (looks like just a dark area) that is filled with underwear and socks.
                Attached Files

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

What I wore to work today (from the inside out)

Underwear
                  tights
                  pajama pants
                  track pants
                  jeans
                  wind pants
                  tank top
                  long sleeve underwear top
                  t shirt
                  long sleeve t shirt, x2
                  crew neck sweater
                  hoodie, x2
                  flannel jacket
                  toque
                  gloves, x2 pair
                  silk socks
                  wool socks

The low today was -24c but there was a vicious windchill thing going on, so it was like a super cold day to work in
                  Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

What I wore to work and at work today:

Underwear
                    Cargo shorts, camo
                    T-shirt, cotton (representing The Bar, of course)
                    Socks, cotton, quarter, white
                    Sneakers, New Balance, black

Would have ridden my bicycle, but it was raining this morning, so I drove my truck.

I don't own any tights, sweaters, wind pants, long sleeve underwear tops, flannel jackets, toques, silk socks, or wool socks.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post

I don't own any tights...

Unless you've gotten rid of them, you own at least one pair of tights that I know of.
                      At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Different kind of tights.

The tights I own, and I probably have a few of them, I wear once a year for my Court Jester costume. Hardly the kind that would be appropriate for keeping out the cold of the Great White North.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Actually, they'd serve just find as a base layer in extreme cold.

Comment

Probably. But still not the type or tights they were talking about, nor the type that dwellers of such climes would buy to wear for that purpose.

Especially not in those colors.

Still A Customer."

Comment

They're a base layer. You wear whatever colours appeal to you. Even if they're atrociously clashing and suitable for a clown outfit.

As for dogs stealing underwear or whatnot: when we got our little dog, she ate the crotch out of Bast's pants. (trousers, for the brits). Any and all she could get her teeth into.

No, we don't know why.
                              Seshat's self-help guide:
                              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

My dog ruined more of my underwear than I care to count when she was a puppy. Socks too. I'm so glad she's outgrown than nonsense.
                                Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Working...
                                X