This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mytical is not a happy camper.

Just had $160 stolen from us, by somebody we help all the time. I know, I am a trusting and gullible person some time, but people won't like me when I am angry.

I am keeping this thread civil, just needed to vent. It is sad when you can not even trust family.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Wow. Did they take cash or just run off after a loan

Comment

What the hell?
      "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
        Just had $160 stolen from us, by somebody we help all the time. I know, I am a trusting and gullible person some time, but people won't like me when I am angry.

I am keeping this thread civil, just needed to vent. It is sad when you can not even trust family.
        I feel for you, really I do. I'm currently duking it out with my own [INSERT CRAZY RELATIVE HERE] over a significantly-larger amount of money (5 figures). Sigh.
        Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
        OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
        she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
        Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

That really sucks. I'm angry on your behalf, and I sure hope you can get things straightened out quickly. Any chance you could get any other family members on your side?
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Ugh. I hope you can get it back, but if you don't, you're blessed for your generosity. I've had it happen to me and I've been blessed a thousand times over later on.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
              That really sucks. I'm angry on your behalf, and I sure hope you can get things straightened out quickly. Any chance you could get any other family members on your side?
              Just my mother and father I am afraid. The Nephew was one of the family that didn't consider me a black sheep because I am not a biggot, don't hate gays, and don't hate Obama. His mother and such will of course side with him.

What goes around comes around.
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Any chance you could go repo $160 worth of items? Might be a good life lesson

Comment

Only $15 in most states to file small claims. IF you have the proof I would do it and add to your case cost of legal and filing fees. If it was outright theft go to the police and file a report. Its small so it probably wont be more than a larceny but riskng anything on his record to that effect would and should be motivation to get him to return the money. Or to get his momma to pay their debts.

I had a niece pull the same stunt. I told her she had til the cops showed up to take a report to return my property. After that she could deal with the cops.

She had lifted my ipod (this was before iphones, ipads and junk). She returned it claimed it must have fallen in her stuff. Yep it just lept out of a drawer from a locked room and fell into her stuff. Never mind that my father in law saw her sitting in the chair with it listening to it and playing on it. I mean really some people are just scummy.

Comment

Give me his number. I'll get your cash back for you.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

One of the (many) reasons we are pressing charges is that when we have the police report in our hand, our bank will give us the money back. It's not about the money though. It is about trust. We trusted them, and they stabbed us in the back.

Comment

Hugs. horrible feeling when you have to put someone on the 'never again' list....
                        I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                          Give me his number. I'll get your cash back for you.
                          When in doubt, call Jester Acquisitions, Ltd. No questions asked, no questions answered.
                          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                            When in doubt, call Jester Acquisitions, Ltd. No questions asked, no questions answered.
                            They gonna get yo money...
                            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                              They gonna get yo money...
                              And have fun doing it.
                              Quoth Gizmo View Post
                              Hugs. horrible feeling when you have to put someone on the 'never again' list....
                              Yes, it is, especially family.
                              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                              My LiveJournal
                              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                              X