This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
    When in doubt, call Jester Acquisitions, Ltd. No questions asked, no questions answered.
    Okay, I like that. Well, except for the Limited part. I don't like to hem myself in like that.

But the second statement is absolutely correct...

Quoth MoonCat View Post
    They gonna get yo money...
    It's they're and your, but yes, yes we will.

A few years ago I recouped $2,400 from a deadbeat roommate who I kicked out on one day's notice, who went to jail for six months for beating a homeless man senseless with the homeless man's own guitar. The deadbeat ex-roommate stood at least 4-6 inches taller than me and outweighed me by at least 100 pounds. I kept some of his stuff, including his prized light saber, and I never brandished a weapon at him nor raised my voice to him. I merely explained what the facts were in my own particularly convincing way.

So yeah, I can get your damn money back.

Quoth XCashier View Post
    And have fun doing it.
    Incorrect. I rarely, if ever, enjoy such dealings, unless it is with a violently abusive person or someone who has seriously wronged someone I care about. Even then, the enjoyment is in the justice done, and not anything else.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Someone you help all the time stole money from you? That $160 better last them a LONG time, since I doubt if you'd help them any more after this.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
        Someone you help all the time stole money from you? That $160 better last them a LONG time, since I doubt if you'd help them any more after this.
        No need to doubt. They are not getting another dime from me, or any other help. Mind you, this is their 'second strike', but I live by a strict code. I will forgive once. If they do it again, there will never be a third time.

I am a forgiving and nice person. A 'soft touch'. We even gave them the chance. "Get our money, we won't press charges." They didn't take the opportunity. It hurt like heck, but that money is desperately needed for our move. It's on their head now.
        Last edited by Mytical; 02-27-2014, 04:49 PM.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          Okay, I like that. Well, except for the Limited part. I don't like to hem myself in like that.

But the second statement is absolutely correct...
          "Limited" only because I imagine that even a high-functioning lunatic like yourself has some lines you won't cross.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
            "Limited" only because I imagine that even a high-functioning lunatic like yourself has some lines you won't cross.

I dunno. Depends on who the person is that was wronged and how badly that person was wronged.
            At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
              I dunno. Depends on who the person is that was wronged and how badly that person was wronged.
              I respectfully disagree.

We must have standards. It's what separates us from them.
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
              X