X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGAIN??

WTF do you mean, blizzard warning???

Would somebody call this bastard off, already??

Click image for larger version

Name:	Snowmiser74shawn.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	2033571
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Yep. It's been coming down for a few hours now, white-out conditions, etc. Had some thunder a while back, which is always impressive during a snow storm. For once, this crap coincided with a legit reason to stay home - I've been fighting a bad cold for a couple days, and when they warned that the evening commute would be horrible, I called in.

I'm bummed, though. Today was going to be pizza day, but I'm not going to expect some poor guy or gal to fight through this. Pizza tomorrow, perhaps.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

It was practically T-shirt weather (double-digit positive for the high) yesterday, now we get a massive dump of the white crap and a predicted double-digit negative for the high tomorrow. Anyone have a good recipe for groundhog stew?
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Short sleeves yesterday, snowing today. I about cried when I looked at the forecast and saw it's in the 30s again. I'm so sick of cold and snow and ice and misery. Damn you weather!
        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

I left my coat at home Monday....

I was looking for my sneakers, instead of my Cat's....

I had BOTH windows rolled down on the drive in....

I was *THIS* close!

NO MAS! NO MAS!
          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0...e_gdata_player

This may or may not have been my reaction to the continuation of winter.
            Last edited by Dasota; 03-13-2014, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
              ... Anyone have a good recipe for groundhog stew?
              Got a song...
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

All I'm going to say is welcome to the weather that I usually get.

Ahh El Nino, you screw over the rest of the planet but for Central/Southern Alberta, you bless us with perfect weather.
                I AM the evil bastard!
                A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I enjoy the snow, and the cold temperatures. Really! Yes I do! I LOVE winter! Shovelling the driveway every other day is invigorating! And besides, everyone in my area excels at winter driving.

Sigh. Yet another self-hypnosis fail.
                  There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

Let's see how much of this melts off over the next few days
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

This is just cruel. 2 days ago it was 55 and I wore a t-shirt and sneakers while shopping. Now the snow is blowing sideways past my window.

The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                        It was practically T-shirt weather (double-digit positive for the high) yesterday, now we get a massive dump of the white crap and a predicted double-digit negative for the high tomorrow. Anyone have a good recipe for groundhog stew?
                        We had 81 degrees on Tuesday and right now it's 42 outside and I'm shivering. Just last Thursday night and Friday morning we had another snow/sleet/freezing rain event, which left over 200,000 in a 5 county area of NC without electricity for a few days.

And last night, we had around 12,000 outages b/c of high winds and a severe thunderstorm that came through the area right after 5 pm.

I for one have had enough of this shit . . . I've had not one instance but two this winter of NO electricity for a week at a time (not weather related, I'll explain in another thread) the cold, the ice and wind and I don't want to take it ANYMORE!!!!
                        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                          Ahh El Nino, you screw over the rest of the planet but for Central/Southern Alberta, you bless us with perfect weather.
                          Bragging about perfect weather when everyone else is getting crap? You deserve to be slapped with a salmon (preferably a Chinook).

Quoth It's me View Post
                          everyone in my area excels at winter driving.
                          You mean they put in a Stellar performance?
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

We just had he weirdest thickest fog I've seen for a long time. It started last night and is only just lifting now, at 1pm. So thick I couldn't seen the building where I work until I was about 200yards away...
                            "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                              Bragging about perfect weather when everyone else is getting crap? You deserve to be slapped with a salmon (preferably a Chinook).
                              I make no apologies. What you're getting this year is what I have to put up with EVERY non El Nino year.
                              I AM the evil bastard!
                              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
                              X