This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Google Play activity...

Today I got six emails from Google Play about song purchases. That I never made (and never would, going by the genres/artists involved). They were free songs, so no actual money was involved but still....WTF? Go into my account from my desktop, I can still get in so if my password was yoinked whoever did it didn't think to change it (or couldn't/didn't try as they would need a verification code sent to my phone).

Two sign-ins from the same model phone as mine from Philly and NY earlier in the month...Google gave me the IP address but nothing else. Were I so inclined I could probably (eventually) find the physical location...

After scanning my desktop for malware (nothing) I changed my password, set up additional authentication and then logged in and deleted most of what was 'purchased' (well, I downloaded/kept Bohemian Rhapsody because). My Gmail is fine, nothing was sent or deleted. Although the 'app password' it now requires for Thunderbird is a royal pain, it needs me to generate a new one on each access (even though it claims to trust this computer...).

Now that I think about it, there have been a couple failed attempts on my Facebook account from Philly...wondering if it's the same IP as the Google hit(s).
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

My phone tried to download some app yesterday. But then, I did drop it in the toilet...
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I'd think my evil twin would have far better taste...with the exception of BR, everything downloaded was crappy country (didn't listen to it but recognized the artist) or 80s music that's so bad it's not even on the store radio.

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
        Today I got six emails from Google Play about song purchases. That I never made (and never would, going by the genres/artists involved). They were free songs, so no actual money was involved but still....WTF?
        Oh no, U2 is at it again
        *runs away*
        Last edited by the lawsmeister; 10-31-2014, 01:26 AM. Reason: Typo
        Be Nicer To Retail Workers 2K18, also known as: stop being an incredibly shitty human to people just doing their job.

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
          After scanning my desktop for malware (nothing) I changed my password, set up additional authentication and then logged in and deleted most of what was 'purchased' (well, I downloaded/kept Bohemian Rhapsody because). My Gmail is fine, nothing was sent or deleted.
          there was a gmail password leak in the past few months, and did you scan your phone itself for malware?
          Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

I changed my password after the most recent leak, and my phone is clean.

Although...I was recently beta-testing an app that uses GPS/location services, so I'm wondering if that could have leaked something. Strange. Nothing else out of the ordinary has happened so far...

Comment

Working...
            X