• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agar.io- Way more addicting than it should be

Anyone else play Agar.io? For anyone who hasn't heard of this thing:

1. It's a browser-based game
    2. You play as a tiny cell in an agar dish
    3. Your objective is to eat other cells. The more you eat, the bigger you get.
    4. It's an MMO, so you're playing against other people who are also trying to eat you.
    Last edited by firecat88; 06-24-2015, 06:25 PM.
    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

I went and checked it out, and you're right, it's WAY more addictive than it should be. I know a few others who might enjoy it.
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

Which server? I'm usually on either the US East or US West server as 'firecat88'...or 'DammitMarkimoo', depending on how many times I've been eaten by players called 'Markimoo'. Last night, it was around 7 times within 30 minutes.

Also, a few tips for anyone who gets interested in playing this:

1) If you click the 'show mass' option in the settings, it shows you how big you are without having to look down at your score and possibly get eaten while you're doing so.
      2) There's an option in the settings called 'dark theme'. It puts a black background up instead of a white one, which I find both easier to see the other cells and less glaring on the eyes.
      3) The green spiky balls all over the board will break larger cells. If you're small enough, though, you can duck under them for safety and possibly break any larger cell that's chasing you.
      4) The game has three modes- Free-for-all, Teams, and Experimental. I don't know what the third one is, but Teams mode is super fun (and it's pretty much always where you'll find me when I'm playing).
      Last edited by firecat88; 06-24-2015, 08:40 PM.
      "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

I'm on US East, I usually play as Ara. I'm actually not too bad at it, I just keep encountering the sides of the map.
        The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

Comment

I'm in US West right now, and it always amuses me when I get eaten again right after respawning. XD Like...I'm arguably the tiniest dot there. What does anyone have to gain from it?

Comment

The planetary "dots" scare the crap out of me. It's like, yeah you're slow, but I still don't stand much of a chance.

Comment

"I hate this game. HATE IT!"

-Crossbow's Productivity

I tend to use it as a 5 minute brain reset during the day. Stupidly addictive.
              "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
                5 minute brain reset
                How the heck do you manage to only play for 5 minutes at a time? XD I have to restrict myself from playing at night lest I stay up well past midnight continuing my rivalry with the elusive 'MARKIMOO'.

Comment

Wow. That was surprisingly entertaining! I got cornered by two massive blobs, but I may have to come back to this one...
                  I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
                  - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
                  - IPF

Comment

Quoth firecat88 View Post
                    How the heck do you manage to only play for 5 minutes at a time? XD I have to restrict myself from playing at night lest I stay up well past midnight continuing my rivalry with the elusive 'MARKIMOO'.
                    Considering my skill, I only play until I get eaten. One game, that's it.
                    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

I think your MARKIMOO has a new face

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZZv...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Quoth Aragarthiel View Post
                        I think your MARKIMOO has a new face

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZZv...ature=youtu.be
                        Watching that right now. XD Honestly, I have no idea if the player who's been on the server is actually Mark or not. If it is, I'm going to be both amused and changing-my-name-and-moving-to-Australia levels of mortified because we've kinda been taking turns chasing and eating each other a lot the past few days.
                        Last edited by firecat88; 06-26-2015, 05:29 PM.

Comment

It's quite possible, I haven't had a chance to watch the first video he made though (the one above is #2). Maybe you'll show up in #1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc2HOSObOLU

Less than 10 seconds in, check out the username, AND that video was only three days ago. That seems to be confirmation enough for me!
                          Last edited by Aragarthiel; 06-26-2015, 05:33 PM.

Comment

But! In video 2, he mentions he's been doing a lot of FFA mode. And I avoid FFA like the plague. XD

....however, the person I've been playing against does have the same username, right down to the all-caps.

Comment

Video 1 was teams.

Comment

Working...
                              X