This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayers/good vibes

I have a good friend who is going under the knife Tues.

He has a large tumor in his right frontal lobe that the doctors are thinking might be stage 4 cancer. The docs are saying they'll know more once they remove it and do a biopsy.

He has 2 young children, one of which is special needs and she has a LOT of health issues. There's not a month that goes by she hasn't been in the hospital at least a few days, if not the whole month.

His wife would EASILY be overwhelmed if he were gone.

Both he and his wife are good friends of mine, but I'm in CA and they're in TX. About all I can do is order a gift basket for them, or wire a mutual friend some funds and ask him to cook for them.

He's still in ICU, but in good spirits.
    They sent the tumor off for a pathology testing.
    Hopefully it was all gotten and not cancer.

Comment

Good vibes for him, my great-uncle was supposed to have surgery on a brain tumor back in November but had a heart attack in October. His oldest daughter is getting married this year on the anniversary of his death. So I really hope your friend recovers quickly, and that it's not cancer.
      The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

He's out of ICU and doing well. They just wanted him there immediately after surgery jic. fit hit the shan.

They're talking about sending him home tomorrow.

Comment

He went home this morning, then the pathology came back.

It's cancer.

Comment

*hugs you*

Maybe they got it all? I pray they did. *more hugs*
            1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
            -----
            http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

I'm borrowing some cash from BFF and sending it to a mutual friend of mine and the one who had surgery. We'll call him friend x, and the one who had surgery friend y. Friend x is going to make a gift basket of friend y's favorite munchies and drop it off for me.

It's rough being across country when your loved ones need support.

Comment

Late to the party, but sorry to hear about this. Any news you feel up to sharing?

Rapscallion

Comment

So far as I know care package has not been delivered and the appointment with the Dr to talk about treatments is the 29th.

Comment

Working...
                  X