This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat Central has apparently decided I needed a cat

So this (not so) little guy made his grand entrance by letting himself in by way of my oldest son's bedroom window. I can't actually let him stay inside. BF has cat allergies bad enough that it causes wheezing and hives, plus we have the birds. The kid let him out of the house, but he's stuck around. Tonight he jumped in my lap while I was sitting in my car, then followed me in the house. All night he's been hanging around the front door, darting in whenever the door opens.

He's extremely friendly. The boys and I went outside and sat on the front steps and the cat just climbed into our laps and purred like a madman. Oh, boy does he love attention! I had a random can of cat food, which I gave him, and which he ate like he hadn't eaten in days. I'm pretty sure that means he'll stick around. In the meantime, I've posted on a couple neighborhood websites hoping to find his family. A cat this friendly, unafraid of humans and insistent on being inside has to be a beloved house kitty. I'm hoping I'll find his family soon. I'm not sure what I'll do if I don't. It breaks my heart to close the door on him.
    Attached Files
    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

O_O That kitty looks entirely too much like one I had up until she passed away last summer. I hope you are able to find her owner (or, if not, someone in the area that can safely adopt).

Maybe s/he's microchipped? A vet or humane shelter should be able to scan him for free to find out.
    Last edited by EricKei; 08-12-2015, 01:11 PM.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

A little lighter colour but that cat looks like my sister's pest-er pet cat.
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

One of the best cats I ever had adopted me like that.
        AkaiKitsune
        Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Good luck with that. When Bast sends you a cat, you've got a cat.

Have you tried checking with some local vet offices? Sometimes when people lose a cat they put up signs at their vet's office.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

His picture is up on the county animal control lost and found site. They will pass along my information to credible responses. He's also posted on a couple neighborhood websites. I have two people coming over to see if he's theirs.

But, like any self respecting cat, he made himself scarce during business hours so I couldn't take him to the vet to get scanned for a chip. He showed back up at 5pm on the dot. Typical cat. I think I have big convinced to let me keep him in the bathroom downstairs tonight so I can take him to the vet in the morning.
            At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

If he only shows up in the evenings, he may well have another home for daytime. Some cats are opportunistic like that, and maintain multiple sets of human servants.
              "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Consider a pinch or two of dried catnip mixed in with his morning's food if you can snag some. Once it's in his system, even if he goes "silly" for a while, he'll soon mellow out and be easier to handle for an hour or two (unless he's immune).
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Oh, he's really easy to handle! He climbs in our laps of his own accord and doesn't mind being carried around. He spent most of last night on our roof. Silly kitty. He might be time sharing human servants, but with the way he ate last night, like he was starving, I think he's wandered too far and can't find his way back home.

Comment

Update: I convinced bf to let me keep him in the first floor bathroom tonight. Our bedroom is on the top floor, so hopefully he won't get too sick. I will take him to the vet in the morning to get scanned for a chip. For now the cat and all three boys are campedd out in that bathroom. Thankfully it's a pretty big bathroom.

Comment

I sure hope kitty's humans are found. In the university days, there was a black-and-white cat who mooched up and down the street. When I met his human, she then said that he's getting a collar soon.
                      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

As it turns out, Max (his real name), was microchipped. He was reunited with his very grateful human about 30 minutes ago. Turns out that his human moved to the area about a month ago, and only got his contact information updated with the microchip company about a week ago. Max disappeared only about a day before he showed up at my house. Both Kitty and Human were very happy to see each other.

Comment

A thread with a happy ending? What is this web site coming to?

I'm glad that the human was reunited with his owner.
                          This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Hope you kept Max's human's phone number, cause I bet you'll see Max again. Maybe even on a regular basis if his human doesn't live too far away. Glad to see a cat servant being responsible (having the cat chipped).
                            You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

His human is about two miles from my house, so not too far, but a pretty fair distance for a cat.

One funny little thing about this morning:

I don't have cats, so I don't have any sort of carrier. What I do have is Goofy the Parrot's travel cage. Poor Max had to suffer the indignity of going to the vet in a bird cage. I got pictures of it just because it was too funny.

Comment

Working...
                              X