This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Sad News Today

My parents used to run a school out of our church for about 10 years. It went from 2003 to late 2012. My dad taught math, biology, history, and Greek to the high schoolers, and my mom taught the middle schoolers and kindergarteners.

One of those students, who has just turned 22, was found dead yesterday. From what my mom told me, on Saturday, he'd been at a friend's house doing a controlled burn, and miscalculated the amount of gasoline they'd used, and wound up getting a minor burn on his legs. He apparently complained about pain, and his mother (for reasons I don't know) took him to a friends house, who gave him pain killers, which he took, and he was given more for the night. From what I've been able to gather, he might have underestimated his tolerance, and took too much accidentally. He didn't seem suicidal, and was making plans for his future life. It's really a sad situation, and has hit our church hard; he was one of the really good kids who did everything he could to help others.

That's absolutely awful. *hugs*
    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
    -----
    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Working...
    X