Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I debated telling you guys about this...(medical trouble, prayers needed)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I debated telling you guys about this...(medical trouble, prayers needed)

...but I'm having surgery in about a week, to fix a hernia.

Just...I don't know. Pray for me? Think good thoughts?

I'm terrified of hospitals, so that's no good, but I feel good about getting it done. This thing has caused me so much pain, I just can't describe. I guess I just need to hear that hospitals are for healing and not for hurting...please tell me that.

Thanks in advance. <3
    Last edited by RootedPhoenix; 08-26-2015, 01:20 AM. Reason: typo
    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
    -----
    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

I'm definitely pulling for you. I'll send a prayer up for ya, no problem.

I was terrified of hospitals (more specifically, doctors) when I was a kid. As I got older that fear waned.

Here's something that may assuage your fears, though: Hospitals are for healing. The staff is there to help you.

And by fixing that hernia, they are, in effect, healing you. They will provide you with medication to relieve the pain from the surgery afterward, and when it heals (and it will heal), you will feel so much better!
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

I'm pulling for you as well. While the recovery may be uncomfortable, it's temporary and you'll feel a lot better after everything heals. You can do this.
      "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

My husband had surgery for a double hernia earlier this year. He was in moderate pain for a while afterward but he says it was SO worth it. Good luck!
        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

*hugs* get well soon
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Mine was groin, both sides, back in 2012. Your surgeon is probably doing four of them this week. It is nothing. Don't push yourself. Follow your doctors orders. Take your pain meds.

I am lucky. I have a great hospital. Been there a few too many times. As a matter of fact, I'll be there tomorrow. Gallbladder is coming out. Same surgeon who repaired the hernia.

So I'll trade you. Good thoughts going your way.

PS. The first paragraph... I have been telling myself that for the last two weeks. Not helping.
            Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
            Save the Ales!
            Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

csquared, I will be thinking good thoughts/praying for you. *offers hugs*

Mytical! *restrains self from hug attack* *hugs*

Thank you so much, everyone. <3
              1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
              -----

Comment

My mom had a hernia fixed. It was done quickly and done very well. She was very, very glad she'd had it done.

Just let the nurses know you're a little nervous. They're there to help you!
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

*huge hugs* Best of luck to both you and csquared. <3 May your respective surgeries fix what they're supposed to fix.
                  "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Best of luck to you. Just be glad that it's the kind of thing that the doctors know about and are experienced on handling.

Don't panic unless you see Hugh Laurie standing next to your bed.

And if he is, at least you'll know it's not lupus.
                    "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

RP, I'll add my good thoughts here for you.

What the others say is true - yes, you will have some pain / discomfort after the op, but you're in pain now, and the after-op pain will go, whereas the pain from the hernia wouldn't. And afterwards, rest, take your meds, and don't try to do too much too soon.

csquared, lots of love and good wishes coming your way too. Take care of yourselves, both of you.
                      Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

<3 you guys.

I'm home. Have been since 3 pm yesterday. Sleepy and hurting and a bit nauseated, but ok.

*hugs, cookies, warmth for all*
                        -----

Comment

Glad to hear you're doing ok. Follow the doctor's instructions and don't try to overdo it.
                          "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

*hugs RP* Happy to hear that it went well. A few words of advice:

1) If you have the urge to nap, go nap. Sleep will help you recover faster.

2) Do not be afraid to take your pain meds if you need 'em.

3) The nausea will subside in a few days once the anesthesia is fully out of your system. Until then, try to eat small, lighter meals. Nothing super heavy or spicy. Also, ginger ale works wonders.
                            "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Glad to hear you're doing well! Take it easy for a little while. This is the time to baby yourself. My father's doctor lectured him about how the biggest reason for complications is people trying to do to much too soon.
                              At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Working...
                              X